The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default this double ditto

Quote Originally Posted by onelanerode View Post
    Sounds like this poor mare went from the frying pan into the fire. WTF do you think you're doing, riding a mare you know is not sound and may well have other serious health issues?!?

Christ almighty. At least figure out what's wrong with her and give her body a chance to heal before you slap the draw reins on and go to town.
    I am just beyond WTF aghasted at what this mare's alleged 'rescuer' thought was appropriate. The mare definitely needs to have her physical issues taken care of, and then, and only then, might it be appropriate to see if she is rideable. Geez....as for the alleged rescuer...I hope someone can rescue this mare from that one.
    Last edited by sdlbredfan; Apr. 15, 2010 at 08:00 PM. Reason: add content and fix a typo
    Jeanie
    RIP Sasha, best dog ever, pictured shortly before she died, Death either by euthanasia or natural causes is only the end of the animal inhabiting its body; I believe the spirit lives on.

I feel really fortunate if I am able to get on a horse that comes in that kind of condition in a *year*.
    "Kindness is free" ~ Eurofoal
    ---
    The CoTH CYA - please consult w/your veterinarian under any and all circumstances.

sounds like a resale eval. Quick. Fast. In a hurry. (eventhough, claims not)
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Closing this thread since the original purpose of the thread--rehoming a horse--was accomplished. Further discussion should continue in the Off Course forum.

Mod 3