The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default YIPPEE Diva was saved by a COTHer!!! 16 y.o. thoroughbred mare FREE TO GOOD HOME:(

--------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 1:58 PM
    Subject: Fw: Rescue Web Site
    To: info@brightfuturesfarm.org

Okay... This is a NICE mare. A friend gave me her description. Yes. Those photos are Diva. She needs an intermediate level rider, but what a fun horse for the right person..... anyone come to mind???

Thanks everyone...please cross post.

Bev

Gotta find a place for Diva to go asap - - just got in for lunch-Barn owner left me a message, they want to take her to Camelot this week or next, but she IS afraid of the pnuemonia and EHV1 outbreaks, I may play them up when I call her back, tell her to wait another week or two, if they can. The parents are really pushing to dump this mare. . .

This is too nice a horse to have to go thru the auction ---- once she's there she'll need QT, the whole 9 yards . . . .and could get hurt too.
    Any Ideas Ladies??????? I could probably put her up at a neighbor's VERY TEMPORARILY if she has to get out now - - IF there was a home lined up. I just can't intake another one at this point, especially another mare -- no room at the inn, two stallions --even once Dublin gets his 'brain surgery' on Thurs, he'll still be thinking "studly" thoughts for another 30 days. . ..

Diva is a 16 year old Thoroughbred mare that stands 16hh and has done it all! Free to Good Home
    Sadly owner must place her in a good home where she will be taken good care of and used to her full potential.
    Diva has been in a lesson program ridden English. She can jump and will jump anything put in front of her, great on trail rides, has participated in a Mounted Drill Team and has been successfully shown.
    She does best with a turn out situation v.s. being stall kept. She had a slight stifle problem, but this does not bother her with turnout and freedom of movement.
    Diva can do some dressage too. She moves with easy gaits and you’d love her canter! She is up-to-date on all her shots, farrier work and teeth floating.
    If you are looking for a nice horse for your lesson program, or just want to ride a Thoroughbred that is excellent under saddle – please check her out or pass along the word!
    Call Amanda at 732 688-5397.
    Diva is located at Free Spirit Farm, located in Freehold, N.J.
    Last edited by Susan P; Apr. 11, 2010 at 06:40 PM.

Why are they insisting on getting rid of her now?? Is there a reason?
    Equine Massage Therapy Classes and Rehab for Horses
    http://www.midwestnha.wordpress.com[/INDENT]

No clue, just copied and pasted the email and their contact info is there. You see what I see but it seems that there isn't anything really wrong with this mare, just the owner. You surely know how many wacky owners there are.

Quote Originally Posted by MassageLady View Post
    Why are they insisting on getting rid of her now?? Is there a reason?

Default mare

Sure wish she was closer to TN! It's hard to find horses with drill team experience ;( Surely a horse with all that experience will find a great home.
    To ride a horse is to borrow freedom.

Alex Brown has a discussion going on about her if anyone wants more info.

I see Diva mentioned in a few places, we sure can't allow this mare to end up at the auction. She has so much to offer someone. Nice horses end up at auctions all the time. One trainer said that there's a reason these horses end up at New Holland and with that kind of mentality she will miss out on many great horses that are owned by dumb or bad people who don't appreciate what they really have.

Default Or Kansas...

I would so love just such a mare. The whole shipping stuff is what kills me.

If someone really wanted this horse there are people that offer low rates for rescues, I don't know them though. We sure don't want this sweet mare going to Camelot auction in NJ. It sounds like she'd be worth the cost of shipping though.

Quote Originally Posted by Kat the Horse View Post
    I would so love just such a mare. The whole shipping stuff is what kills me.
    There's a Yahoo group called Hitch Hiking Horses and haulers will often post their schedules as well as offer fill rates. It is worth looking into if you are really interested in this mare!
    Proud owner of a Slaughter-Bound TB from a feedlot, and her surprise baby...!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e350/Jen4USC/fave.jpg
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...SC/running.jpg

That's a great resource to have. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jenm View Post
    There's a Yahoo group called Hitch Hiking Horses and haulers will often post their schedules as well as offer fill rates. It is worth looking into if you are really interested in this mare!

Is this mare chestnut with tons of chrome?? If so I knew her about 10 years ago and could provide more background information.
    Zippos Kryptonite (Reno) 05' AQHA
    Little Miss Understood (Indy) 01' Appaloosa
    The Unturned Stone (Chase) 11' AQHA
    ~ Rescue Mom to: Hope, Ciara, Charlotte, Ace, Knox

Who are you asking? I don't know anything about this horse, I posted that. I have already posted that this was just copied and pasted and if you want to know about this horse you need to contact someone through the email addresses. She sounds like a great horse but I have never seen her, just reading the message like you and wanted to help spread the word so she could find a good home and some lucky person would get a great horse for free.

Quote Originally Posted by City Ponies View Post
    Is this mare chestnut with tons of chrome?? If so I knew her about 10 years ago and could provide more background information.

Quote Originally Posted by City Ponies View Post
    Here are her pictures. http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexb...s/?msg=46741.1 This may be the same mare. It sounds like she only has a few days left.

Quote Originally Posted by lesgarcons View Post
    Here are her pictures. http://forums.delphiforums.com/alexb...s/?msg=46741.1 This may be the same mare. It sounds like she only has a few days left.
    Unfortunately, yes I believe this is the same mare given the description. Great when in work, can be a handful when left out in the field. If I remember, she's got a great pedigree too. I'd be concerned about jumping her more than 2'6" because I think she's got a hidden slab fracture or bone spur in one of the front legs that caused her some soreness on occassion. Would be an amazing first horse for a smart teenager though! I'd absolutely take her if someone can get her to SC.
    Zippos Kryptonite (Reno) 05' AQHA
    Little Miss Understood (Indy) 01' Appaloosa
    The Unturned Stone (Chase) 11' AQHA
    ~ Rescue Mom to: Hope, Ciara, Charlotte, Ace, Knox

Bumping this up, anyone headed from FL to SC who can help this mare?

Where is she? If the threat is to take her to the auction at New Holland, Florida seems awfully far away...

Default Has a safe home

I picked her up on Tuesday.

Thank you. I was clearing out my "spare" stall to foster her if need be...

Talking

Oh my gosh, that is so awesome! Tell us about her! I'm so glad to hear that someone has her and I hope she is all that, the best horse in the world for you! Congratulations. This is why I like to post these horses in COTH Giveaways, I know that they have their best chance of finding the very best of homes. I'll be happy to throw in a couple free barn cats too, lol. (seriously, Forgotten Cats delivers barn cats, neutered w/utd shots for FREE, min. 2 cats) Better than pizza delivered.

www.forgottencats.org
    TruckParts19311@aol.com

I'm jumping up and down with joy that you gave Diva a home, please share more.

Quote Originally Posted by Ltc4h View Post
    I picked her up on Tuesday.

Quote Originally Posted by Susan P View Post
    I'll be happy to throw in a couple free barn cats too, lol. (seriously, Forgotten Cats delivers barn cats, neutered w/utd shots for FREE, min. 2 cats) Better than pizza delivered.

www.forgottencats.org
    TruckParts19311@aol.com
    Holy cow! That's the coolest thing ever!!!!! And yes, it's FAR better than pizza!

Back on topic--glad to hear that the mare found a good home! Yay for happy endings!