The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Post Erkund or reciprocal status with the KWPN

Hi Everyone! I wanted to write a quick note to update you that I have had several correspondences with the KWPN/NA about the Erkund/reciprocal or foal registration possibilties with the KWPN after Good as Gold completes his 10 day OLD NA test and receives his lifetime approval with the OLD NA. I am waiting for the "final word" from them after they speak with the office in Germany and can tell me for 100% certainty what "Approved" means according to the German OLD.

Here is the information I have so far...

<< We also double checked with the Oldenburg office. They said your stallion Good as Gold is a licensed stallion with them.
    This means he falls into the same category as a VB Dutch Stallion, so in other words, at this time, his offspring are only eligible for register B papers when bred to Dutch mares. When he is fully approved (not just licensed), then he will be considered approved with an Erkend studbook and will result in register “A” eligible foals when bred to Dutch mares. >>

then...

after the successful completion of the 10 day test

<<we will check with The German Oldenburg Office, and if he is approved with them, then he will be considered “Approved with an Erkend Studbook.” The Oldenburg NA office should be able to tell you if that 10 day test will classify him as approved with the German Oldenburg Office. >>

So, STILL not sure...I am beginning to wonder if anyone really knows what all of the new rule changes mean?? They have changed so fast...

Lauren
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Good as Gold ad web.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	127.4 KB 
ID:	28907  
    Goldhope Farm
    Breeder of International Quality Palomino & Buckskin KWPN, Oldenburg and Dansk Varmblod Sporthorses

www.GoldhopeFarm.com
    484-228-8162 EST
    GoldhopeFarm@aol.com

Lauren,
    Is your stallion's registration papers Dutch or Old NA? I'm not talking about his breeding approval, I mean his registry of birth.

Well it is very easy Lauren, he is NOT approved with the German Oldenburg Verband but the American Oldenburg. And GOV and OLD NA have nothing to do with each other.

The German Oldenburg Verband demands a 70 days test for lifetime approval so the 10 days test would not do.
    Gwendolyn
    http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
    Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabians

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Efford View Post
    Hi Everyone! I wanted to write a quick note to update you that I have had several correspondences with the KWPN/NA about the Erkund/reciprocal or foal registration possibilties with the KWPN after Good as Gold completes his 10 day OLD NA test and receives his lifetime approval with the OLD NA. I am waiting for the "final word" from them after they speak with the office in Germany and can tell me for 100% certainty what "Approved" means according to the German OLD.
    They will find after they speak to the Oldenburg office in Germany that the ISR/ONA 10-day test is NOT recognized. This means that Oldenburg (as in the Verband, GOV, OHBS) will not grant breeding rights to Good as Gold - even a single breeding permit - UNLESS he is presented to them at an official Oldenburg stallion inspection. And even then, they will only inspect him up to age 5, and he will still be expected to complete Oldenburg recognized performance requirements by the end of his 6 y/o year or he will lose his license until such time as he does complete those requirements (and again, the 10-day ISR test is not recognized by Oldenburg).

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren Efford View Post
    after the successful completion of the 10 day test...we will check with The German Oldenburg Office, and if he is approved with them, then he will be considered “Approved with an Erkend Studbook.” The Oldenburg NA office should be able to tell you if that 10 day test will classify him as approved with the German Oldenburg Office.
    It will be very interesting indeed if the ONA office tells you that their 10 day test will classify him as approved with the Oldenburg Verband, because that would be patently FALSE.

And it sounds as I thought regarding KWPN Erkend status. If he isn't considered fully approved by Oldenburg (GOV), then KWPN will not consider him Erkend.

Wanted to add that if you want him to be able to sire foals for a Euro studbook or its North American counterpart, you might want to consider presenting him at the Oldenburg stallion inspection in Maryland on July 14. If the license him - as described above - he would be able to sire Oldenburg papered foals for the next few years at least, and even longer once he completes Oldenburg recognized performance requirements.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone what Cream on Top is doing now and whether or not he has any foals on the ground? Thanks!

Thanks! He's 5/5 for passing on the cream gene? Can't wait to see them when they're more mature