The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Why dont you contact the Oldenburg Verband yourself if you do not believe that only the KWPN riding book horses are accepted into the Oldenburg Verband?

GOV are very well checking out every pedigree that is presented to them. Some years friends wanted to have some mares accepted that had KWPN papers and they were not accepted for Oldenburg or only into the pre-stud book due to not being in the Riding horse book A.

The KWPN is a farce anyway, they put offpspring of approved stallions into the book B register and into the same book they put offspring of non approved stallions. That is just ridiculous!
    Gwendolyn
    http://www.gestuet-falkenhorst.com
    Exceptional colored German WBs, TBs and Arabians

Quote Originally Posted by aurum View Post
    Why dont you contact the Oldenburg Verband yourself if you do not believe that only the KWPN riding book horses are accepted into the Oldenburg Verband?
    Why should I have to check something YOU claim!? If you are so convinced of the things you are saying, it shouldn't be a problem to reproduce this rule for us.

The KWPN is a farce anyway, they put offspring of approved stallions into the book B register and into the same book they put offspring of non approved stallions. That is just ridiculous!
    The KWPN recognizes studbooks that are several years in a row in the top of the WBFSH ranking. This policy is why the KWPN is placed in top of the WBFSH rankings.

Because the Z studbook is on place 8 in the rankings the buckskin stallion is now recognized for the KWPN. This actually might be the only buckskin in the world.

No he isn't. There are several buckskin Oldenburg stallions already of which one is approved and has a very good performance test and the next one is going for approval end of this year.
    Gwendolyn

No he isn't. There are several buckskin Oldenburg stallions already of which one is approved and has a very good performance test and the next one is going for approval end of this year.
    And which one are those?

California Chablis in California, USA and Irish Cream in Germany.
    Gwendolyn

California is Approved RPSI according to your website and since he is in the USA not recognized for the KWPN.

I can't find anything about Irish Cream in the Oldenburg Studbook.

Can someone tell me what kind of performance test Zangersheide licensed stallions are required to do?

I said that there are three Oldenburg buckskins, all three do have main book Oldenburg papers! Chablis' foals get full main book papers with Oldenburg as well. I also said that the buckskin Oldenburg Irish Cream will go for approval end of this year so he cannot be on any stallion page yet. None of them has KWPN papers and nobody cares!

Anyway this thread it about a total other horse and it should be left to that horse!

The Zangersheide studbook does not say anything about a stallion performance test. http://www.zangersheide.com/
    Gwendolyn

First of all, with the only buckskin in the world I reffered to the recognizing of the KWPN and not to be the only excisting buckskin in the world, I thought you are smart enough to understand that.

Second of all, you said there are SEVERAL buckskin Oldenburg stallions, not 3.
    You only named 2 by the way.

Approval with the RPSI is not approval with the Oldenburg. Otherwise you would have brought all your stallions to the Oldenburg gradings;-) But I think you are right to use "the backdoor system".

And as I have said, to bring the discussion back to Cream on Top, so fare he is the only KWPN recognized buckskin stallion,

Chablis was not presented to RPSI by me but by his owners! I did not breed him, nor did I present him. And your personal problems that you apparently still have with me should stay out of this!
    Gwendolyn

I'm so sorry, I thought he was your stallion because you were advertising him on your website: http://74.125.77.132/search?q=cache:...&ct=clnk&gl=nl

And...now I look further, you sell frozen semen from him to.

I don't have a problem with you. You create them yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by janderegelaar View Post
    California is Approved RPSI according to your website and since he is in the USA not recognized for the KWPN.
    Sorry to momentarily hijack but just because a horse is in the USA doesn't mean they can't/won't be recognized as a stallion for the KWPN. Olivier is the first to pop into mind... Born and bred in the USA.

As for this stallion, while lovely, I'm going to go against the grain and say that I think if he were bay he wouldn't have been considered a stallion prospect.
    You know you're a horse person when your mother, who has no grandchildren, gets cards addressed to Grandma, signed by the horses, cats, and dogs.

I don't know who Olivier is so can't judge about him.

The German based studbooks in the USA are not recognized by the KWPN in Holland.

Very interesting will follow his progress with Interest thanks for sharing :-)

Golden Boy was approved in the Tuigpaard Book which is the driving horses book, since all are under the umbrella of the KWPN that is often confusing for people. But it is definitely not a book for the WB breeding. So yes it is an outside blood as he was a Saddlebred and therefore only entered into the Tuigpaard book.
    However the KWPN allow it's breeders to choose which studbook within the main book they register the offspring of the TP x RP stallions/mares when crossed between the two books.

We have fellow colleagues in Holland for example that have bred a number of TP palomino mares sired by Holland's Golden Boy son "Modern" (Now gelded) to Hemmingway for example and these foals are registered in the RP book and more recently are now registered either DP (dressage) or SP (jumping) status within the VB progresing to STB when presented at the Keurings.

The Tuigpaard of these progeny is therefore already in the second generation and as Jangelaar has already stated can be directly registered as SP/DP within the VB as foals as first generation crosses.

Unlike the German studbooks the route to obtaining KWPN VB (Book I) papers is considerably quicker.

Indeed the KWPN will register foals sired by non approved stallions in the same book (Reg B) as approved stallions on the provision that the approved stallions gained approval from studbooks that they do not recognise.

However the KWPN allows for progression as they have an open studbook policy that is to say that whilst the progeny from REG B if mated with an approved KWPN or (Erkend) stallion will also be registered in the Reg B book, the next generation will be registered in the VB as DP or SP if sired by an approved KWPN or recognised (Erkend) stallion, therefore the process of moving from Reg B to VB is much quicker and requires only two generations of approved breeding. So whilst breeders may be at a disadvantage if they do not comply to the guidelines set out by the KWPN they do still cater for breeders choices. There are many roads to Rome :-)
    Last edited by L&L; Apr. 3, 2010 at 09:47 PM.

Hi, OP here. ...So, back to my original post: Cream on Top, lovely stallion, eh?
    ~Christina~ Keur-Wood Stables
    Breeders of Dutch and Swedish Warmbloods
    Standing approved Buckskin Swedish Warmblood Stallion, CATAPULT
    http://www.superiorwarmblood.com

Perhaps not too far off topic isn't there also the approved Buckskin stallion "Good as Gold" recently approved with the OLD/NA by the fabulous "Goodtimes"

@ SHWarmblood

definitely a super lovely stallion! I love those cream colored buckskins and he has a fabulous form over fences!
    Gwendolyn

Quote Originally Posted by PonyGal08 View Post

As for this stallion, while lovely, I'm going to go against the grain and say that I think if he were bay he wouldn't have been considered a stallion prospect.
    Thank you, I thought I was the only one finding this horse quite average. One picture taken at the right moment may make him look good, the video shows a horse that has reached his freejump limit at an oxer of 1.20
    He would not pass the pre-selections in Holstein with such a performance.

Quote Originally Posted by DownYonder View Post
    Can someone tell me what kind of performance test Zangersheide licensed stallions are required to do?
    Z does not have stallion performance tests. It is a one day selection. If they are old enough they have to jump under saddle, otherwise only freejump.
    Off course there are medical requirments with x-rays and so.

Quote Originally Posted by why not View Post
    Thank you, I thought I was the only one finding this horse quite average. One picture taken at the right moment may make him look good, the video shows a horse that has reached his freejump limit at an oxer of 1.20
    He would not pass the pre-selections in Holstein with such a performance.
    And that's why I used the term "back door policy".