The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Thank you TB Pedigree Experts!!!

I just wanted to say thank you. I've asked here a couple of times about TB bloodlines and their role in sport horses. I've been stalking this mare at the track who I REALLY liked and you all seemed to like her bloodlines.

It didn't look like I was going to be able to get my hands on her but last Wednesday the tables turned and we picked her up yesterday. Here she is:
    http://lh3.ggpht.com/_-iAX3lPJhow/S7.../SheenConf.jpg
    She still needs another 100+ pounds but I've been thrilled with her!

Her pedigree is:
    http://www.pedigreequery.com/lustres+image

We should have a lot of fun together.

Cute girl! I love when things unexpectedly go your way

Congratulations! What are your plans for her?

I'm an Eventer...so I'm hoping she'll be an upper level prospect.

Nice mare! Huge congrats -- hope she works out well for you.
    PennyG

Quote Originally Posted by TKR View Post
    Nice mare! Huge congrats -- hope she works out well for you.
    PennyG
    Wonder if she'll be able to become uphill for the upper level jumping and dressage with the way her hind end is constructed ?

Wonder if she'll be able to become uphill for the upper level jumping and dressage with the way her hind end is constructed ?
    She actually has a good hind end...and is uphill. In the photo her haunches are closer to the camera than her front end. And it's hard to see but she's a GOOD 100 pounds (maybe more) underweight.

Keep in mind she ran, and won, a mile and 70 yards less than 20 hours before that photo was taken. She's racehorse fit and all sucked up. Her hips are sticking out like a cows...I didn't want to take a picture of her without a blanket on but I was convinced to do it so we could look back later.

She has one of the biggest and easiest canter steps I've seen in a LONG time. And when she moves she just floats over the ground with a HUGE step. She doesn't have the stabbing the ground motion.

No one can predict the future...but all in all she's a good place to start

Quote Originally Posted by Cassy's Mom View Post
    She actually has a good hind end...and is uphill. In the photo her haunches are closer to the camera than her front end. And it's hard to see but she's a GOOD 100 pounds (maybe more) underweight.

Keep in mind she ran, and won, a mile and 70 yards less than 20 hours before that photo was taken. She's racehorse fit and all sucked up. Her hips are sticking out like a cows...I didn't want to take a picture of her without a blanket on but I was convinced to do it so we could look back later.

She has one of the biggest and easiest canter steps I've seen in a LONG time. And when she moves she just floats over the ground with a HUGE step. She doesn't have the stabbing the ground motion.

No one can predict the future...but all in all she's a good place to start
    The lack of weight makes it easier to see she has a racehorse hind end and not that of a sporthorse. It has nothing to do with camera angles or being sucked in. The hip and croup structure are very indicitive of the discipline she was bred for.

You may get away with this for eventing but this would most likely inhibit her in the upper level jumper and dressage rings. Just sayin.....

She has a nice pedigree , good luck with her.