The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default UPDATE - Oreo Bunny has a TATTOO? WTH?

As I posted, I lost my Eve bunny to thymoma last week. Last night I went to my cousin's house for dinner, and they want to re-home their small black and white spotted bun, Oreo. (The three little girls don't pay attention to him.) I was just getting used to having a dining room that was not a bunny retreat.

I left it that they would try very, very, very hard to find him a new home, but if it comes down to taking him to a shelter vs. me, I get him.
    Last edited by Guin; May. 27, 2010 at 08:16 PM.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

I love bunnies. I've had three. My original bunny, MiMi, lived to the ripe ol' age of 7. I've heard that's pretty good for a bunny. She was a beautiful Mini Rex. The other two I had to sadly give away (due to other circumstances) and neither lived very long after that .

So, I'd definitely say go for it. I'd love to get another but sadly I have to wait until I move in with my fiance... my parents would kill me if I brought home another animal (considering I own one dog and two cats already).
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos

Oh, come on!!

you come here to hear that they will find a new home for bunny...when he is going up against the stiff competition of baby buns this week?! Not to mention their disposal in a few more weeks?!

Suck it up
    get the Bun.

Just build him a nice bunny palace in the back yard!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bristol Bay View Post
    Try setting your broomstick to fly at a lower altitude.
    GNU Terry Prachett

I JUST got a bunny, my first one ever. She's a house bun, eight weeks old (yes I caved and supported a backyard Easter breeder, but she was the hard-to-find breed I wanted!) and has already litter box trained herself in the five days I've had her. Smart bunny!

She's currently running laps around my room as I type this, doing the funny bunny twists and jumps in the air, attempting to destroy all the books on my bookshelf, and just generally being adorable.

She's such a friendly, obnoxious little snot but I love her dearly already and can't believe that I waited this long to get one!!

Awwww, you can't let them bring him to a shelter... So, you know what you have to do.

Maybe it is a sign from Eve. She knows the wonderful life she had with you and feels another rabbit deserves the same love.
    MnToBe Twinkle Star: "Twinkie"
    http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/f...wo/009_17A.jpg

Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

We (my DDs actually) have several bunnies and it still didn't stop me from taking pity on a sweet little dutch bunny at TSC the other day. She was in a cage full of sick bunnies and I had to get her away while she was still healthy. She is home with us now, fat and sassy in her pen in the barn living the high life of 2nd cutting alfalfa : ). Bring the little black and white bunny home - you know you want to!
    Lapeer ... a small drinking town with a farming problem.
    Proud Closet Canterer!

Get the bunny. Buy or build him an outside house. Mine have a huge wire/wood run and a hutch to snuggle in.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

OREO the Easter Rabbit for Guin !!! Happy Early Easter !!! Yes, take as a sign from Eve that another precious bunny needs your help and home. Enjoy !Can you get some more hay from Misty Blue ?
    Last edited by Zu Zu; Mar. 30, 2010 at 02:44 PM. Reason: addition
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

The dining room needs a bunny.
    "Concern for animals is a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher Stowe 1811-1896

Ponies are cool!

Hazel and Henry, my Barn Bunnies, say Go. Get. Him. NOW.

Aww, it is a shame you are not in FL, my SIL needs to rehome her sweet bunny, Bella. My nephew loves to play with her but he seems to be allergic.

I already have two females, Flora and Betty (both Dutch bunnies) and my cage cannot house a third.
    Every man has a right to his opinion, but no man has a right to be wrong in his facts.
    Bernard M. Baruch

If you were in FL, I would happily give you my two inherited bunnies. They belonged to the ex-bf's daughter, and I just have WAY too many animals.

Ok here is my attempt at convincing you to get the bunny.

This is Jack. He loves to come inside and lay on the a/c vent and sleep on the couch like a dog. We love him!!!

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...82183223HzGUzH

I haven't heard from my cousin about their new home search. I expect she will have no luck whatsoever. (darn it! ) Will post Oreo pix in a couple of weeks, I expect.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Enjoy your new bunny. We enjoy ours!

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_l40dpZjZDE...h/IMG_7140.JPG
    My ears hear a symphony of two mules, trains, and rain. The best is always yet to come, that's what they explained to me. —Bob Dylan

Fenway Bartholomule ♥ Arrietty G. Teaspoon Brays Of Our Lives

Sooo.... how is your new bunny?

I haven't heard a word from my cousin, so perhaps they found Oreo a home. I'm about to go on vacation, but when I get back I'm going to check in with her!

Have fun!

My cousin emailed me today to inquire if I was still interested in taking in Oreo bunny. She's going to verify with her vet that's he's neutered, and I expect I'll be welcoming Oreo bunny to his new home in a couple of weeks!

I'm looking forward to another bunny in my empty dining room!

Default Welcome Home Oreo !!!

Hooray ~~~ GREAT FOR OREO !!!! Enjoy !!!! Pictures please....
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"