The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

He should have to pay for them, or go to jail! Laws need to be changed! and giving animals back to those who allow these things to happen MUST answer for it.
    Equine Massage Therapy Classes and Rehab for Horses
    http://www.midwestnha.wordpress.com[/INDENT]

hissking Guest

I agree wholeheartedly, and thats really what this is about. Being able to hold him accountable, and saving her life if we can. He should never be allowed to have another horse.

Unfortunately, welcome to Kentucky. Just can't get AC off their a$$ to do anything! Chances are they're connected/related to the abuser. Of course, not in all cases, but in my experience....

godgodalmighty. This is the first time I have seen the pictures of the mare that was torn up. I was not able to view them at work.

A rhetorical question: what kind of monster would subject their horse to this kind of attack? I can't help but think the owner has no probelm in beating up his girlfriends/wife. I know, that's a stretch, but still, it makes me wonder how someone can tolerate this kind of animal behviour in domesticated animals. We humans are supposed to be above that and protect the animals we own.

I am continuously shocked at the things that come to light through this internet board. I so hoped that humans had evolved more than this.....

Quote Originally Posted by hissking View Post
    in Ky horses are livestock.
    the mare is being treated at
    Park Equine Hospital
    (859) 744-4030
    116 Hud Rd
    Winchester, KY 40391
    I am sure her bills if she survives are going to be stupendous!
    I'm so glad she is with Park Equine! That is my vet office and I love them, they have been great to me and my ponies

The bills will surely be high, but probably not so much as if she were at one of the bigger hospitals in the area.

I have thought up something that would be the best for him...put him in a stall with this stallion-and well, let the same thing happen to him , then let's see how funny it is.
    I'm grateful I cannot see the pics.
    Equine Massage Therapy Classes and Rehab for Horses
    http://www.midwestnha.wordpress.com[/INDENT]

I finally found some of the pics. A little late I know. Even someone who treats horses as livestock knows that wounds like that will cause you to lose your investment - unless this "person" is just . . . well, I can't find words to describe it.

I found the OP rather confusing - thank you Ddashaq and hissking for the extra information.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

Hissking actually posted a youtube video of the mare that she has taken over ownership of. If anyone is interested, I can try to find the link and post it here. (It is pretty nasty, though.)

Does anyone have an update on this poor filly's condition? Is she still alive?
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton