The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dog chews Bumper off Cop Car

one of the funniest things ever. Watch till the end, They fallow the car. Watch both its a good story, I'm glade the dog wasn't put down.

1) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXNmVZIoX_U

2) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gE5tV...eature=related
    Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway

Boots, chaps and cowboy hats... nothin' else matters.

lmao.. that is hilarious! Winston was having a great game of tug of war. Tails wagging the whole time. Wonder what started off grabbing the car bumper.
    If i'm posting on Coth, it's either raining so I can't ride or it's night time and I can't sleep.

Creepy story - a dog that wants to and can eat a car bumper? Not cute. Also, kinda off-topic.

Don't really see what is cute about a pittie ripping off a car bumper.

Not the slightest bit funny in my opinion. Seriously freaking disturbing, yes.

Not amusing.
    This weekend my 12 year old pyr suffered an unprovoked attack by a pit* three houses away from her own. My dog was on a leash walking the same route we have for the past 10 years this was not a new thing.
    Of course I got the "My dog has 'never' done that before." BS! This dog was too practiced for this to have been the first fight. By the grace of her thick fur and greater weight plus the fact that I put myself between the pit and my dog like a cutting horse** my pyr got off with just a couple of scrapes. If they have any sense at all they will have it put down before it has a chance to take down one of the neighbor kids.

I think the pit type dogs should be at 'least' as regulated as firearms if not more so. Just why would any honest person want or need a dog with the bite strength of a hyenea

*Neighbors have an out of control chicahuahua and an out of control pit- maybe the owners are the problem you think.
    **It wasn't after me and I don't think as of yet had learned to pit people- give it time it will get there I am sure.

That is scary. That dog was loose in the streets with a pack. What if it was a kid riding a bicycle?

I was more pi$$ed than scared. My old girl was so shocked that she sat back and it's hard for her to get up again when that happens so it was a team effort. I didn't even consider that I might get bitten.
    FWIW I haven't seen the mutt since but I haven't actually been looking either. I just hope that they saw the light and had both of the beasts taken somewhere else. My old champion has such a fan club they wouldn't stand a chance in court even if they got Johnnie Chocheran to defend their mutts. I could get 50 kids and at least 8 AKC judges to vouch fo my dogs temperment and good character.

That was disturbing.
    "look deep into his pedigree. Look for the name of a one-of-a-kind horse who lends to his kin a fierce tenacity, a will of iron, a look of eagles. Look & know that Slew is still very much with us."

Good god. That's really not funny. If they can do that to a car, I shudder to think what they could do to a human or animal.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

There's no need to go overboard. Pitties, like most dogs, have some prey drive and there are LOTS of these dogs (usually herding dogs) who chase cars. Most don't know what to do with the car once they catch it, but some, like this dog, grabbed onto it and pulled. He wasn't being aggressive (except in play), he was just playing and being a dog. It's only because he's a strong dog that he was finally able to get that bumper off. Notice that he lost interest in the car after that, until the car started to move away again. It's the prey instinct. Just because he chased down a car doesn't mean he's a danger to humans or other animals.
    Some people are like slinkies...not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Ok... apparently no one around here has anything near a sense of humor.
    A) I hate pits I think their the worst kind of dog out there.
    B) I think its funny cause the dog actually chewed the bumper off a car. Not that he is attaching something living or not.
    C) I am glade it wasn't put down. He looks like a good dog and the judge put him in an obedience class. The owner didn't mean for him to get out. He was locked in the yard but got out and the owner was willing to up the security on the yard.
    Why do people always look on the bad side of things and never try to see even the little bit of funny in things.
    Courage is being scared to death - and saddling up anyway

Boots, chaps and cowboy hats... nothin' else matters.

Closing thread--not horse-related.

Moderator 3