The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default UPDATE*1 Free mare left*4 free horses in Vernon, NJ 2 mares, 2 geldings

Please email this owner for more details

Thanks!

On Equine.com this farm is downsizing and offering 2 mares and 2 gelding QH free. I just hope they find forever homes for them and they don't show up at the auction. The ad said for more information
    Last edited by Susan P; Mar. 31, 2010 at 10:57 PM.

Just went on their website and it looks like they are decent people. If the web version is accurate, they do a bit of rescue from feedlots and re-home. Worth a call if you're looking.

Cool

I had an "eerrrrmmm" let's say "interesting" encounter with them when I still lived in NJ. They're "different".
    M

I contacted them yesterday and they only have 1 mare and 1 gelding left. The mare was free but the gelding (a Clydesdale) was $1000.

I hope you told them that the email they have circulating says the horses are FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by clue1005 View Post
    I contacted them yesterday and they only have 1 mare and 1 gelding left. The mare was free but the gelding (a Clydesdale) was $1000.

I made it known as politely as possible that the ad said free and I was very interested in the Clydesdale but not for $1000. I just lost my gelding to colic and have vet bills to pay and a very lonely mare who misses her brother. I thought I had found a good lead for a new friend for her but was mistaken.

Did you see that there is a 2 year old Percheron filly for free who needs a home? Could this work for you? That horse is in North East, MD.

Quote Originally Posted by clue1005 View Post
    I made it known as politely as possible that the ad said free and I was very interested in the Clydesdale but not for $1000. I just lost my gelding to colic and have vet bills to pay and a very lonely mare who misses her brother. I thought I had found a good lead for a new friend for her but was mistaken.

I did see the Percheron filly and it is very tempting. I was hoping to find something a little farther along, I had just started my gelding and was looking forward to riding. I still have to get Mylie going this year and I think 2 at once to train might be a little much for me. I appreciate the note!