The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Bourke Parakeet -- egg machine! NJ

I have a Bourke parakeet that I need to find a home for. One of my cats is trying to get to her cage (she's up high) and even thought the cat can't reach it's not a good situation. The bird is an egg laying machine and has been broody half the time we've had her. Never even see her most of the time as she's sitting on eggs. I have no idea which bird sites are the best, so if someone here would like a female to add to their aviary or needs a broody parakeet she's your girl.

She is not a pet, she wants nothing to do with people. She'll bite you if you get close. She was brought in to where I work by someone who hated her. I took her home as no one else would and she was headed to the shelter where a bird hoarder works and takes home all the birds that come in. She's a typical petstore Bourke, gorgeous pink and grey with blue tips on her wings. Very pretty, healthy and chirpy!

Please send a PM or post here. I'd be very happy to drive her up to an hour away from Burl. Co to get a good home. Her cage is included with all the fixings. Please don't respond if you want a bird you can interact with; she's a cantankerous broad who wants to be admired from afar.

Last edited by chaltagor; Mar. 29, 2010 at 04:15 PM.

were r u located
    my keets buddy passed away im comeing up to bristal pa on the eigth are you far from there

walk softly and be one with your horse