The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Custom Riding Apparel - Winter Weight Breech

I had to borrow a pair of breeches at the show yesterday. What I was given was a pair of Custom Riding Apparel winter weight breeches. I am in love. It was a cold windy/rainy day yesterday and my legs were warm all day. When I try and google them I don't find much. Smartpak has them, but only offers up to a size 34 and I know the pair I borrowed are a 36. So does anyone have any insite on where I can purchase a pair, or two or three. I love them.
    Common sense is the least common thing in the world.

Pictures: http://community.webshots.com/album/62832282gErEqu

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

Beval carries them as well. I have a blue pair I got from Smartpak last year that I absolutely love, and I was thrilled when they came out with the more show appropriate "tan" (really an old style puke green, but still...)

I don't love the tan ones, to be honest. The fabric is pretty slick, and they just don't fit as well as my blue ones. Not sure why. But I agree they are toasty warm and they look like normal breeches, which is a huge plus! Totally show worthy.
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina

Based on Lucassb's recommendation I bought a pair of them also (the navy ones), and I love them too.

Have them in blue and love them in the winter. If I ever show again in the winter, I'll pick up the tan too. On finding the bigger size -- I'd contact SmartPak and see if they can special order them. "Custom" Riding Apparel implies that you can get what you want, so I'd see if they'll do it!

Former Long Islander now in the middle of the Great Lakes

I'm happy to say My shop will become a dealer for them in a short time. LOVE there quality and selection.. great people

Quote Originally Posted by Lucassb View Post
    I don't love the tan ones, to be honest. The fabric is pretty slick, and they just don't fit as well as my blue ones. Not sure why. But I agree they are toasty warm and they look like normal breeches, which is a huge plus! Totally show worthy.
    Agreed. I don't know if the colors are actually cut differently, or if they just changed the template between purchases, but I <heart> my old blue pair and am frustrated by the fit of my new tan ones. The proportions are just not right. No doubt, though, that these pants are lifesavers in the cold winter.

I am not sure if I just got lucky, but I have 2 pairs of the winter material that are identical to my lighter weight pairs that I show in. They are the same tan color as the Tailored Sportsman breeches and looking at them, you would never even know the difference. The owners of Custom Riding Apparel used to be customers of ours, so I have not bought breeches in years, so I can not help you with where to find them.

Quote Originally Posted by S4zeus View Post
    So does anyone have any insite on where I can purchase a pair, or two or three. I love them.
    Champion's in Doswell carry them. You can call them and they can mail them to you as well.
    www.brydellefarm.com ....developing riders, NOT passengers!
    Member of LNHorsemanshipT & Proud of It Clique
    "What gets me up every morning is realizing how much more there is still to learn." -GHM

Thumbs up

The Tack Box in Middleburg has them. If there isnt a size/color combo there they can order it pretty quickly.