The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

KMTU12 Guest

Post 9yr TB mare & coming 11yr QH gelding

Long story short, due to numerous reasons we have come to a point where we need to rehome our two horses. The reasons are personal and not any fault of the horses. They have lived together for the past 4 1/2 years but can be rehomed separately. Due to lack of time and space to ride they have not been in consistent work for the past 3+ years. Both live out with access to a large run-in (have also both been stalled with regular turn-out in the past, no problems either way). Both are in pasture shape and need to be brought back into work.

Gelding- reg. AQHA, foaled 4/99. Grey. 15.3hh. Low in the pecking order. Was professionally trained W/T/C as a 3yo. Has gone over x-rails and seemed to enjoy jumping. He was kicked in the knee by a horse while turned out at a boarding facility ~5 years ago- had x-rays done and was on stall rest for 8 months. Vet OK'd for regular W/T/C and jumping up to 2'6" just to be safe. Once brought back into work he has the potential to be a good husband type horse. Solid build.

Mare- reg. Jockey Club, foaled 2/01. Dark bay with large star/stripe/snip and two hind socks. 16hh. Came off the track Summer '04. Has a slightly enlarged hind ankle but does not seem to bother her. Was going W/T/C and over x-rails-2'. Very, very sweet- loves her human. Can be somewhat bossy with other horses at first to establish pecking order- in a herd situation she lands somewhere in the upper middle.

We want the best possible situations for these horses. They are being offered free to loving, forever homes. They are located in southeastern PA. If you have any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Thank you

LMK if you would be interested in the QTR horse going to N IN as a trail horse--forever home. Spoiled to death--but HAS TO be quiet and sweet. My friend is a pancreatic cancer survivor and still pretty weak--she just wants to enjoy horses again and has a GORGEOUS farm w/ no expenses sparred.

fallcreekfarm@hotmail.com or 317 937 5543
    Alissa

Default QH gelding

I'm still interested in the quarter horse gelding. Did you get my PM?