The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

paige4322 Guest

Default Bergamon - Stargate Auction

I know that many of you were chatting here during the stargate auction and expressed a lot of concern over Bergamon and where he would/did end up. I thought I would answer some of those questions. My name is Paige and he ended up with me. We are indeed only half a mile from Stargate so he didn't have far to travel. He is doing wonderfully! Sound for sure and a very different horse than the one I brough home. He is so calm and doesn't care, mare or gelding, who walks by. He is very attached to my 18 hand hanoverian stabled next to him. He is very healthy and happy in his new home. He is such a fabulous horse we wanted him to have a great home and not end up in someones backyard. He is in regular work and showing real promise to enter the show ring. I had a baby 36 hours before we purchased him and while I'm back riding, he and I have not had enough time to master our relationship. My hope is that he and I will show this fall! It's important that European breeders know that when they sell their top stallions to the U.S. that doesn't mean they end up lost! He has the best care and maintenance money can buy. I feel so blessed to have such a fantastic partner!

Welcome Paige and congratulations! Thanks for the update on your wonderful stallion.

As the owner of a stallion myself, I know how important it is to give them both a comfortable, consistent environment and work that they love. I look forward to riding my boy everyday.

Will you be offering Bergamon for breeding?

Lea Ann

Great to hear & wishing you the best of luck with your new boy.

He sounds like he has a fantastic home!

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

Paige: I am so glad you posted because I was just wondering what Bergamon's status was these days. In fact, I just did an internet search yesterday for him, and found only Stargate's info. A friend of mine has the most incredible Bergamon youngster; he is so friendly, calm and kind, also so well put together and a fabulous mover. He has a top-notch trot with outstanding rhythm and suspension. Really loose in his joints and supple in his movement. He is a complete darling. Yes, the mare is quite a nice mare, but the Bergamon colt is the best foal of hers, out of the two born on the farm (the other by a very popular European stallion). The mare has other foals in Europe, that have done well, but this colt can easily stand among the best. It was a great cross, and I found myself once again thinking that Bergamon is a real treasure for US breeders. I hope you will continue to stand him for breeding? He's got a lot to offer the right mares. Can you give us a web site or other information?

BTW, I think you should also post on the Sporthorse Breeding Forum.

Thanks for posting! I bred my old MS Dederick mare to Bergamon a few years ago, and the resulting offspring was her nicest. Very loose and free throughout his body, and sold when he was a few months old. I have the privilage to be raising him for the owner, and she is totally enamoured with him, and cannot wait for next spring when he turns three, and will be ready to start under saddle