The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Keeneland tom... er, this morning! 3/27/10

Anyone on here at Keeneland? I am thinking I may go over in the morning to take some pictures for my portfolio and was wondering if any of you may be there!
    Last edited by Kinsella; Mar. 27, 2010 at 12:31 PM.
    Not all who wander are lost.

Ralando II

Oh SHOOT, Kinsella. I didn't see this post until just now. Sorry I missed you. It's a gorgeous morning and I would have loved to have met up so we could gossip a bit.

Maybe next time?
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Hitch - next time for sure! I'm waiting to check the weather for tomorrow morning as I may go back... It was cold, but a ton of fun! Everyone is so friendly - I guess I wasn't expecting them to take the time to speak to someone on the rail. I figured work was work, not social hour - shows what I know!

I may end up here for most of April - if so, I will be out there a lot more, so we can definitely catch up!

Ralando II

Photos from the Saturday morning works...

Ralando II

Check your PM's for my cell phone number. I would absolutely love to hang out on the rail with you. I'll schlep around any equipment you want to hang on me, too!
    "My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." ~ Jack Layton

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsella View Post
    Photos from the Saturday morning works...
    The dark bay filly with the green saddle cloth with a gold/green S on it looks like a filly I worked with at Overbrook. Phil Simms is the trainer. If anyone is wondering about the numbers on the saddle cloths if you like the horse you could buy it at the 2 year old sale coming up. I get to see them work every morning since I work for Keeneland. Quite frankly I'm not looking forward to this meet.

We have 4 truckloads coming into Keeneland from Louisiana this week. Spring is here were bringing them north!

never mind
    Last edited by spotted draft x filly; Mar. 27, 2010 at 09:11 PM. Reason: never mind

I'm here and holy is it COLD. Hmm or maybe it's bc we came from Florida. 3 in now and the rest coming from Fairgrounds on Tuesday. If you're taking pics I'd love to get one of a colt and filly that we have in right now. Love the early morning pics.

Well, like I said, I'll be there more now that I'm going to be here (and have discovered how much I love seeing it all!)... I've got to go to NC for a few days, but should be back by Friday. I'll start posting which days I'll be there and you can let me know who to shoot!

Hitch - no PM yet, but I will for sure give you a call once I have the number! Would love some company (and someone to chat with about the horses LOL!)

OK, going to go add some more photos...

Ralando II

Pretty pretty pretty please take pictures of me!! I don't have a single one from Keeneland and I've been here almost a year! My cell is 615 969 8994.
    Txt me and we'll catch up and get some breakfast in the kitchen. I wear black and red chaps, a black and red helmet covers (either red w/black chevrons or black and red panels if its too cold) and almost always a mostly red jacket with white and gray. I ride for a barn with the long black saddle pads, and every horse has on blinkers and a tongue like. Lots of grays too.
    "Gallop as if you were to die tomorrow, jump as if you were to live forever."

Do any of you there know Coolman? (I think that was his name)

I have a ton more photos, it's just slow going trying to edit them down to FB size!

Ralando II

Quote Originally Posted by olympicdreams04 View Post
    Pretty pretty pretty please take pictures of me!! I don't have a single one from Keeneland and I've been here almost a year! My cell is 615 969 8994.
    Txt me and we'll catch up and get some breakfast in the kitchen. I wear black and red chaps, a black and red helmet covers (either red w/black chevrons or black and red panels if its too cold) and almost always a mostly red jacket with white and gray. I ride for a barn with the long black saddle pads, and every horse has on blinkers and a tongue like. Lots of grays too.
    I love going out to photograph in the mornings as well, I will definitely look for you!
    Kinsella, hope to see you there!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

Hey, if you can find the time to take some non-racing pictures, I've got a bunch of project horses right now and could really use help in getting photos done!

Quote Originally Posted by caryledee View Post
    Hey, if you can find the time to take some non-racing pictures, I've got a bunch of project horses right now and could really use help in getting photos done!
    I'll PM you my number...

DLee - I'll also PM you my number! I would love to meet up with you (and try to glean some tips and tricks for morning photos - I'm used to full sun horse shows!) some mornings!

Ralando II

Red face looking..

I would be looking to see if you have any photos of a bay (we have 2 actually) that would be in a white bridle with blue and white reins and would probably be in a numbered saddle towel or a blue quarter sheet....

We have 2 fancy babies there at keenland for the sales

Quote Originally Posted by Kinsella View Post
    I'll PM you my number...

DLee - I'll also PM you my number! I would love to meet up with you (and try to glean some tips and tricks for morning photos - I'm used to full sun horse shows!) some mornings!
    I pm'd you, I have no advice except I take hordes and hordes of photos! Thank God for digital.
    I saw your Apiro pics.... wonderful!
    We're spending our money on horses and bourbon. The rest we're just wasting.
    www.dleestudio.com

I'm adding more photos from that set... Have not made it back yet - my horse got to KY lame, so I've been dealing with that. Should make it back out sometime next week (and I want to get to Breakfast with the Works next Saturday!) - I'll let you all know when I'm going!

Ralando II