The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results
 
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 94
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar. 30, 2004
    Location
    Lexington, KY
    Posts
    2,949

    Default Hot Vet Alert!!!!!

    The Horse Health Newsletter from The Horse.com email came in my inbox the other day, and featured one Dr. Rocky Mason explaining vaccinations in a video portion of the newsletter. Having had him take care of my horse at Hagyard before, he is absolutely as gorgeous in person as he is in the video (I do believe he's married, however). Anyway, if you've been wanting to know about vaccinations and haven't had a compelling reason to sit through an explanation, here's your chance. Thank you, Dr. Mason
    send some of their smart literate deer who can read road signs up here since ours are just run of the mill dumb ones who get splatted all over creation because they won't stay in the woods



  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar. 23, 2006
    Location
    OKC
    Posts
    1,867

    Default

    Rocky is a fabulous vet with a personality to match. Sadly, he is married and just had his first child this past year.

    But glad to see that he is inspiring people to learn more about vaccinating.
    Only two emotions belong in the saddle: One is a sense of humor. The other is patience.



  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul. 31, 2007
    Posts
    14,888

    Default

    Where's the eye candy? This thread doesn't work (or is selfish) without the visuals.

    Revealing my fetish, might you have an a$$ shot? Maybe stand the guy up in 3/4 view as we do with QHs? A nice butt is very important, as we all know.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat



  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jan. 16, 2002
    Location
    West Coast of Michigan
    Posts
    36,321

    Default

    Ewww, imagine if vets went around posting on their BBs about "hot barn girls". Sexist pigs! Double standard much?
    Click here before you buy.



  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb. 21, 2009
    Posts
    1,779

    Default

    This vet's wife would be mortified if she saw this thread.
    Come on ladies, have some respect for his family.
    Patty Stiller CNBBT,CNBF,CLS, CE
    Natural Balance Certified Lameness Specialist ,instructor.
    www.hoofcareonline.com



  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar. 4, 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Patty Stiller View Post
    This vet's wife would be mortified if she saw this thread.
    Come on ladies, have some respect for his family.
    Or maybe she'd smile and think, "Yeah, that's right, and he's all mine!"

    This is not the first time I've heard about vet eye candy. There aren't too many hot guys around most barns! Girls need to talk about something besides horses some of the time, lol. As I'm a middle-aged, married mom, I don't see a whole lot wrong with harmlessly noticing a handsome veterinarian



  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct. 11, 2000
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    3,278

    Default

    I tend to agree that most spouses would actually be flattered.



  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr. 28, 2009
    Posts
    2,108

    Default

    Oh lighten up. Respect for his family? Mortified? How many posts have there been about Steffen Peters' package, hot cowboys, etc. I'd be flattered if I saw a bunch of girls talking about my "hot husband" on a BB.



  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar. 12, 2010
    Location
    Breinigsville, PA
    Posts
    95

    Default

    Go on any bb that is predominently men, and there will be much worse there than this thread! Harmless fun...



  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul. 29, 2009
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    640

    Default

    Dr. Caputo in South Fla is mighty nice looking coming and going.... (also married with kids)



  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2006
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by huntereq_princess View Post
    Go on any bb that is predominently men, and there will be much worse there than this thread! Harmless fun...
    There are bulletin boards which are predominently child pornographers, and that doesn't make the same kind of discussion "harmless". It isn't "harmless" to give any kind of sexuall attention to another person unasked for. Its disresepctful of other people's personal boundaries and in some circumstances illegal. There is a superintendent in a nearby school system who is being exposed, fired and prosecuted for just such comments about women in his school system - three school principals, actually. My SO works in that school system and one of the women told him directly that the superintendent laughed at her objections to him and said she loved the flattering attention. No, not really. Nobody does. Not women and not men, and it presumptuous and makes my stomach turn that anyone would presume such a thing about a professional they hire and are a client of.


    This is so inappripriate. If it was a private BB and members only could see the comments, maybe who would care if your attention to him was inappropriate, but the board owner might anyway. However, unasked for sexual attention from anyone is inapprorpriate, including in their professional capacity as you have described him. Imagining he and or his wife would be flattered by the cheescake comments is stupendously insensitive and those are the same assumptions and excuses some men make when they are sued/fired for making these same kind of comments to females in their work place. Just because you don't work in his office doesn't make your offensive behaviour appropriate - its sexual harrassment. The OP is talking about in person contact with this veterinarian in a professional client/vet capacity, and uses her observations of him live to verify what she is saying about him and his family. This is an industry magazine, where his professional reputation is respected and a venue where his practice may be discussed, and these kind of comments are childish in tweens but way out of line among adult women.

    He isn't available for you to discuss your sexual attraction to him on a public bulletin board. No horse professional is. How insulting that you publicly lament his wife and child and family life, and that he is not "available" to you.

    I know when men do this they are considered crude and selfish and insensitive and potentially dangerous because of their lack of respect for boundaries. So are women.

    As for the comment "men do it, so women can too" you might want to take note that women have been arrested for sexual harrassment just as men can be. If you had this discussion in person where he could access the conversation in his professional capacity, you might be fired as a client, or, you might be asked to stop and if you didn't, arrested for sexual harrassment, depending on how determined you were to persist, as here, when pointed out to stop, you are persistent about it. Just because he isn't here in person to hear this doesn't change the fact that he may well have access to this permanent, written same, publicized in an industry bulletin board discussion forum.
    Last edited by AnotherRound; Mar. 25, 2010 at 01:15 PM.
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.



  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul. 31, 2007
    Posts
    14,888

    Default

    My initial remark was sexist, objectifying and fun and feminist.

    Now that things have turned serious (and feminist) I'll add my two cents. Until women are paid on par with men for the same job and their appearance is taken far more seriously in the work place than is a man's, I'm not worried about a little reverse objectification that reverses the power differential between genders. Frankly, I think men can take it, perhaps laughing all the way to the bank.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat



  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug. 17, 2006
    Posts
    425

    Default

    Here is his picture from the Hagyard directory.

    .



  14. #14
    Join Date
    Nov. 13, 2009
    Posts
    4,472

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mares tails View Post
    Here is his picture from the Hagyard directory.

    .
    LOL!!! That's just awesomely hilarious.

    On a more serious note, I do tend to agree that I would be very upset to find out that someone was referring to my physical appearance in conjunction with my professional occupation on a BB. FWIW, I am a female attorney.



  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan. 30, 2008
    Posts
    961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AnotherRound View Post
    There are bulletin boards which are predominantly child pornographers, and that doesn't make the same kind of discussion "harmless". It isn't "harmless" to give any kind of sexual attention to another person unasked for. Its disrespectful of other people's personal boundaries and in some circumstances illegal. There is a superintendent in a nearby school system who is being exposed, fired and prosecuted for just such comments about women in his school system - three school principals, actually. My SO works in that school system and one of the women told him directly that the superintendent laughed at her objections to him and said she loved the flattering attention. No, not really. Nobody does. Not women and not men, and it presumptuous and makes my stomach turn that anyone would presume such a thing about a professional they hire and are a client of.


    This is so inappripriate. If it was a private BB and members only could see the comments, maybe who would care if your attention to him was inappropriate, but the board owner might anyway. However, unasked for sexual attention from anyone is inapprorpriate, including in their professional capacity as you have described him. Imagining he and or his wife would be flattered by the cheescake comments is stupendously insensitive and those are the same assumptions and excuses some men make when they are sued/fired for making these same kind of comments to females in their work place. Just because you don't work in his office doesn't make your offensive behaviour appropriate - its sexual harrassment. The OP is talking about in person contact with this veterinarian in a professional client/vet capacity, and uses her observations of him live to verify what she is saying about him and his family. This is an industry magazine, where his professional reputation is respected and a venue where his practice may be discussed, and these kind of comments are childish in tweens but way out of line among adult women.

    He isn't available for you to discuss your sexual attraction to him on a public bulletin board. No horse professional is. How insulting that you publicly lament his wife and child and family life, and that he is not "available" to you.

    I know when men do this they are considered crude and selfish and insensitive and potentially dangerous because of their lack of respect for boundaries. So are women.

    As for the comment "men do it, so women can too" you might want to take note that women have been arrested for sexual harrassment just as men can be. If you had this discussion in person where he could access the conversation in his professional capacity, you might be fired as a client, or, you might be asked to stop and if you didn't, arrested for sexual harrassment, depending on how determined you were to persist, as here, when pointed out to stop, you are persistent about it. Just because he isn't here in person to hear this doesn't change the fact that he may well have access to this permanent, written same, publicized in an industry bulletin board discussion forum.
    I second this sentiment...I find it also in bad taste when there are woman on this board who have had and are having affairs with married men and see nothing wrong with their disgusting behavior at all.



  16. #16
    Join Date
    Dec. 2, 2004
    Posts
    3,192

    Default

    Oh criminy ... 'sexual attraction' - lust?? hey gorgeous women catch my eye too and I don't swing. If any one of you can truthfully say that a beautiful horse doesn't either!!

    I have friends who have thanked me for sending my cute cowboy dentist guy their way. You know cowboy butt in jeans, has a real way with a horse kind of thing! I actually think that the way a guy handles a horse catches my eye more than anything.
    The truth is what you can get other people to believe.

    -- Tommy Smothers



  17. #17
    Join Date
    Mar. 10, 2006
    Location
    Albany NY
    Posts
    5,490

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pony grandma View Post
    Oh criminy ... 'sexual attraction' - lust?? hey gorgeous women catch my eye too and I don't swing. If any one of you can truthfully say that a beautiful horse doesn't either!!

    I have friends who have thanked me for sending my cute cowboy dentist guy their way. You know cowboy butt in jeans, has a real way with a horse kind of thing! I actually think that the way a guy handles a horse catches my eye more than anything.
    Yeah? And you discuss it together and take up the discussion among them on a dentist bulletin board? Or in front of him? How about somewhere where his wife could hear/read you? What would you say if he objected? "Oh, come on, you know you like it!" What if she objected? "Oh, come on, you know your flattered when your husband's patients are attracted to him!"
    Airborne? Oh. Yes, he can take a joke. Once. After that, the joke's on you.



  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar. 4, 2009
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,110

    Default

    I think it's taking it a bit far to turn something from noticing that a guy's good looking to affairs, lust, disrespect, etc. I have zero desire to ever stray from my husband, and both of us are completely comfortable noticing that somebody is handsome/beautiful. I will say to him, "Wow, Johny Depp looks hot in this movie!" and he's comfortable doing the same with me. Neither of us are offended because we know the other is 100% devoted.

    If my husband tells a friend's wife at dinner that she looks lovely tonight, is that something to freak out about? Heck no, and I am flattered when one of his friends tells me the same. Half of it is just common courtesy (to politely say, "Wow, you look great tonight!"). Do I think he wants to go have an affair with his friend's wife? Of course not.

    Truth is, there's nothing wrong with noticing a person is good looking, and I think the fact that I don't find it shameful, nor does my husband, is a big part of the reason we have such a trusting, tight and TOTALLY monogamous relationship.

    Sheesh, this thread turned from a funny, harmless comment to a bunch of uptight nonsense if you ask me. But everybody is free to think what they want… maybe it's the fact that I'm of European descent that I find a lot of people in the states a bit uptight about things like this? It is a different mindset, for sure.



  19. #19
    Join Date
    Jan. 16, 2002
    Location
    West Coast of Michigan
    Posts
    36,321

    Default

    Until women are paid on par with men for the same job
    I am paid not one cent less than my male colleagues for the same job. And always have been. Is it an across-the-board thing? Certainly not. But I sure don't see that as having anything to do with just being gross and inappropriate when talking about other people as sex objects.

    What the heck does "being gorgeous" have to do with one's veterinary credentials anyway?
    Click here before you buy.



  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jul. 31, 2007
    Posts
    14,888

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    I am paid not one cent less than my male colleagues for the same job. And always have been. Is it an across-the-board thing? Certainly not. But I sure don't see that as having anything to do with just being gross and inappropriate when talking about other people as sex objects.

    What the heck does "being gorgeous" have to do with one's veterinary credentials anyway?
    I'm glad you have not ever experienced this kind of discrimination. And, by the same token, I hope that you can take seriously the plight of those women who have. It's just as life- and opinion-shaping for them as your experience has been for you.

    But I fail to see how, with a sample size of one, you can speak for all.

    And FWIW, no one (explicitly) said that being physically hot and veterinarily hot were correlated.
    The armchair saddler
    Politically Pro-Cat



Similar Threads

  1. PBS Alert!
    By Isabeau Z Solace in forum Off Course
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: Aug. 10, 2011, 07:34 PM
  2. Cam alert
    By Joanne in forum Sport Horse Breeding
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: Jan. 17, 2011, 10:13 PM
  3. TV ALERT-you'll want to see this one.
    By findeight in forum Hunter/Jumper
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: Dec. 12, 2010, 08:57 PM
  4. Bargain alert at TSC
    By lawndart in forum Around The Farm
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: Oct. 6, 2010, 09:55 AM
  5. New Scam Alert!
    By Woodland in forum Off Course
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: Feb. 26, 2010, 08:50 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
randomness