The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Any heaven without horses sounds a little like what I would expect of hell.

My, my. I am looking forward to the next installment, which is surely titled "Wherein it is Uncovered that the $700 Pony's Social Anxiety is Cured With Her Owner's", LOL! Very clever, and well done.

I LOVE these stories!!! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif I also think you should write a book (or series of books) particularly aimed at children. I know there are several gifted artists on this site - where are you??? You guys need to get together and write/illustrate The $700 Pony chronicles. Too funny.

Erin
    Erin
    Dodon Farm - Home of Salute The Truth, Thoroughbred Stallion and on Facebook
    The Retired Racehorse Training Project, a 501(c)3 Non profit organization.

The great Bluegrass State. Or Commonwealth. Whatever.

Cookie McClung is one of my favorite equestrian writers, and you, Reynard Ridge, are right up there next to her.
    Please, please, please publish this stuff!
    I graduate from law school next December, and will be happy to be your agent if you like!
    As for the JRT vs. Corgi gang war, just kick them every once in a while & they'll learn to stay out of your way. That's what I do with my little Terrier-ists!
    http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    To be conscious that you are ignorant is a great step to knowledge.

With the bay mare moved in today with my TB/Paint and bay filly girlfriend, I expect my baby to have some anxiety as well as she is pooh-poohed at by the bay social club ladies. At least that's what it looked like as I http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_frown.gif down the driveway to work this afternoon. Maybe that type herd prejudice anxiety could be a future chapter for you.

Bravo! After losing electricity and the cell phone today and driving over a branch that still is embedded under the car, I needed a good laugh. Thanks!

Next December, adamsmom! You make me feel I'm the only human not moving (forward) through life.

Thank you all so much for your great comments! I am having a sad evening and it is SO cheery to read the nice things you have to say.

FYI, I will NOT be writing a book about the $700 Pony - you are reading this stuff FOR FREE, PEOPLE - enjoy it!!!!

Perhaps someday if I am ever (and I have been trying for TEN YEARS to no avail) able to translate this 'voice' into general market material, I will seek a publisher.

Until then, please enjoy the $700 Pony with me (and believe me, despite what these stories may suggest, I am getting a huge kick out of her!).

Just to make sure, would you mind if I printed out the "installments" on the adventures of the $700 pony for myself? I keep telling the people at the barn about it, but so far no one's been here to read about her. - I'm pretty sure they think I'm crazy now.

Next stop: Pleasant hollow, then off to Plantation!

well, I'll be at Flora Lea next year, VERY anxiouse to see the mythical $700 pony! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

(very well written!!! A joy to read, and as Im sure most of us do, will look forward to more tales of the $700 pony!)
    Member of the \"OMGiH I loff my mares\" clique!

See. to MY feeble mind, the fancy-shmancy place is also socially insecure, in that they feel the need to have the "right" kind of fancy-shmancy socially acceptable dog. If they were TRULY secure in their fancy-shmancyness, they would have a REAL dog, one that wasn't trendy-shmendy. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    I too, have a horse at a fancy-shmancy facility.
    Their tack room is bigger than my house, and much more beautifully equipped. http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...ilies/sigh.gif
    LESS HARD WORK, MORE FINE DINING!™
    complicate, obfuscate, prevaricate.

CLB15 - please feel to print and share. I am most delighted that people are enjoying the $700 Pony.

As for Flora Lea, well, I can dream, can't I???
    HOPE to see everyone there!

If anyone on this list does not deserve a sad night, it is you. Your stories have brightened up many a day for me, and I always look for more on the wonderful life of the very lucky- albeit xanax-needing pony.

However, if I were being run at by a pack of 2 yo's with cider and graham crackers, I might lose it. So, you (at least in my mind) have a pony that appears well grounded...chickens and all.

Now that barn might do me in if I were a horse.... went christmas shopping yesterday at Victorias secret covered in hay, slobbered on, with muddy, MI paddock boots on. I was helped rather quickly, much to my 11 yo boys delight.... Never thought too much about it. Oh well....

Hoping today is better for you, Reynard Ridge.... from the cold cold state on MI.
    I have too many ponies but love 'em all!

http://foxview-farm.blogspot.com/

Sadness gone!

We are being sued by one of our neighbors (LOOOONNNGGGGG story). As I am not the type of person who could ever imagine being involved on either side of a lawsuit (other than perhaps the time my horse single hoofedly tried to demolish an SUV, I was a little worried then), it was a bit of a shock. So I was sad.

But I have replaced my rose colored glasses and chalked it up to another life experience. HEY, EVERYONE should get sued at LEAST ONCE - how the heck are we going to keep all the lawyers employed??? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

The $700 Pony is coming along. I would guess I will do another update after Christmas.

Thanks again for all of the kind words!

Been there, except mine was the $200 pony! She ganged up with the fanciest pony of the richest boarder and taught that pony how not to come in with the rest of the horses. And - REVENGE-the "horrible pony" outjumped ALL their fancy butts in a knock down and out class.
    Your time is coming!

Perhaps this will cheer you up... ours was a free pony until it kicked the puppy and broke her femur ($3,000 for surgery) then was bitten on the nose by a rattlesnake ($3,000 for emergency tracheotomy and hospitalization). I love him to pieces and wouldn't trade him for the world.
    Keep up the great writing. Getting sued is inititally shocking and upsetting and then you get on with it. I sold a guy a horse once and he ended up sueing me for over $400,000. He was a jerk. It happens.