The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

I'm in! I can contribute and aslo do some sales etc., we have a ton of lessons here and some tack shops near by as well. Anyone ready to go?

Can someone please confirm if this is really happening? I think we should have lots of meals that can be made in a short amount of time. I know that I am always way to busy to make the quality meals that I should for my family.

Ooh, I've got a recipe that I pinched from Horsey Nurse. Dead easy and yummy to boot. Great for tailgating! Tell me where to send it and I shall!
    Life would be infinitely better if pinatas suddenly appeared throughout the day.

Back to Normal.. or as close as I'll ever get

Count me in too, please!
    One of my favorite cookbooks is from a cancer support group my Mom was in over 40 years ago.
    I am Queen of the Quick Dinner & can contribute lots of recipes http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif
    Where do we post them to?
    *friend of bar.ka*RIP all my lovely boys, gone too soon:
    Steppin' Out 1988-2004
    Hey Vern! 1982-2009
    Cash's Bay Threat 1994-2009

Why don't those of you who have recipes to send in go ahead and mail them to okmagic AT gmail.com. I'll start sorting them out.

Again, does anyone have any suggestions for categories? So far we have Horse Treats and Quick and Easy.... but we'll need to think of creative names for each chapter!

Those of you who offered to help with the technical stuff can you shoot me an email too, and we can try to get this rolling so they are finished before christmas??

Lastly, if you want to include a picture of you and your horse with the recipes, please do not send them in yet. Just put a little note at the bottom that says you'd like a picture in the book, and if we decide to do that I'll contact you for one.

http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Any other ideas/suggestions?

I think this is a great idea, and I would definitely buy one. I am definitely not creative or talented enough to send in recipes or to be of much use in actually putting the thing together, though. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream." --Vincent Van Gogh

How about types of hunter or jumper courses like, power and speed for the quick and easy. I'm so not into dressage, but maybe they have some movements with names that could be used.

Or handy hunter for "easy favorites"

Whatever you decide.... I would like to buy one or two!!!

If you go to http://www.saddlebredtalk.com and go to the Cheers forum, there's a whole thread on the cookbook the trot.org folks have put together to assist in horse rescue (specifically ASB). The chapter titles (to assist with yours) are listed (names such as "The Warmup Ring" for appetizers) - and you can see the cover artwork (donated) at:
    http://www.trot.org/charitycookbook/

The cookbook will also feature stories of ASB rescues.

CA Asb, Thanks for the link... that should help us organize some. (I might have to buy one too!)

Bumping this up because I've only gotten one recipe... c'mon, I know there are more!!

Lamplight has shows almost every weekend. I'm sure I could talk them into letting us sell the cook book at the shows. Also count on me for some great desserts.

I'm known for my cooking among my horsey friends (especially Thanksgiving dinner I usually have around 12 horse people over...after chores) and my son is a chef so pls let us know and count me in.

Luvinfoofy - I emailed you some recipes. Please let me know if you get them http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif
    Also how about " The Watering Hole" or "Watering Trough" for drink recipes? "Sweet Feed" could be desserts? Could you make a list of the different categories so we might get inspired when we see them? Thanks lots.

catznkids - I got them and they look wonderful!

<<<List of submissions moved to page one!!>>>

LUVIN: Check your e-mail for my bestest recipes! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- "When they try to tell you these are your Golden years, don't believe 'em.... It's rust."

I forgot to say - could those of you who send in recipes let me know what category they would fit best in? If you've already sent them.. check above and see if I have it right.. I'm nto sure what to consider 'easy' without trying it! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

I'll send mine in later tonight. I have a couple deserts and some really good crabcakes..
    -Grace

Thanks guys!

Check a few posts up, I've added the names of the recipes that I've gotten.. Mmm don't they look wonderful??

I'll go ahead and add it on the opening page as well..

I sent you a PT Luvinfoofy.

I'd love a copy of the cookbook.
    Missouri Fox Trotters-To ride one is to own one

Standardbreds, so much more then a harness racing horse.

I totally am a cook, so I will be sending you a recipe for each category. And I might be able to get the printing done for us at a serious reduction, so keep me in the loop.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

I'll send in a Corned Beef Casserole recipe. It's RICH and YUMMY, very filling, and simple!

Thoughts for the categories:
    "Casseroles": "Complete Feeds" or "Total Mixed Ration"
    "Salads": "Forage" or "Roughage"
    "Main Dishes": "Concentrates" (?)
    "Breads/Rolls": "Grain" or "COB" (?)

LOL---may need "sub-categories"...an "Air Fern" category for light/low fat/low-cal recipes, and a "Weight Builder" one for the rich recipes, lol!
    Tabatha