The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I'd be very interested in contributing several recipes. I'll even take preparation and final product pictures.

Is there a format that will be decided upon? Count me in!

I'm in!!! I'm the queen of the 30 minute meals - cooking delicious "semi-homemade" meals in 30 minutes!!! I would love to contribute some recipes and I would be glad to take digital pictures of preparation and final product.

So is this really going to happen if we get enough recipes? What kind of format do the recipes need to be submitted in? Who are we submitting them to? Sorry if I asked questions that have already been answered, I just want to be sure.

I want to buy this! I love the idea of a cd with photos of say preparation, final product, happy people chowing down on it, suggestions for wines to accompany the dish and favorite wine makers...Luvinfoofy, thanks for searching for fish in water tanks!

I *think* we can do this if a few more people pitch in. I can't do it by myself, but if a few of us can take different roles, I think it would work out. Maybe we can shoot for finishing before Christmas? (Is that pushing it?) I've never done anything like this so I'm sure we'll have to lean on some other people's expertise. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Any ideas for categories?

Other suggestions?

My sister made a family cookbook. I wasn't anything fancy, just some word shopped pages with some graphis in a spiral bound notebook covered in plastic. They probaby cost a buck to make. Just an idea instead of a big fancy published book.

I have some great dessert recipes to contribute, as well!

I am the queen of desserts! I'd definately contribute! Many recipies. I will, I will!
    Morgan

*Let God into your heart for He IS your Hero.

1.I would love to help if that works for anyone.

2.I think we would need to have a HORSE TREAT category.
    My life motto now is "You can't fix stupid!"

Are you going to cowboy up, or lie there and bleed

I'm TOTALLY IN!! Cheif Cook, but NOT bottle washer http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/winkgrin.gif

I was involved in putting together a cook book for The American Spaniel Club as a fund raiser for our Cocker Rescue Groups throughout the Country. The prison printing is an awsome idea and would NOT ecnourage adding photo's as it add to the cost:

Let's see.... Salmon Cheesecake, Hot'N Crunchy Mango Chutney Chicken, Shorwood Chicken, Parrot Rum Caribbean Chicken ( I'm sick of chicken http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif)Spinach Salad Flambe, Crab Pizza, Goium Matzo Ball Soup, Wedding Soup... okay i'll stop http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/lol.gif
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

How many out there "actually" follw a recipe ???
    I think I just might be up the creek as the previous dishes are just in my head YIKES http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...s/icon_eek.gif
    It's all done by feel and taste. BAMMM
    Aefvue Farm Ft.Lauderdale

y'all actually COOK? http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif Although I may take it up for the Crab Pizza!

I can contribute a few recipes as well (yep, I CAN cook!). Where do we send them?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Andrew:
    I'm TOTALLY IN!! Chief Cook, but NOT bottle washer http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...s/winkgrin.gif

I was involved in putting together a cook book for The American Spaniel Club as a fund raiser for our Cocker Rescue Groups throughout the Country. The prison printing is an awsome idea and would NOT ecnourage adding photo's as it add to the cost </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, then, would you be willing (since you been there/done that) to step up and help us get this printed? Now's the time to do it so we can have it for the Holidays.

I'd put in: Maltaschen Casserole (a take off on an ancient German ravioli receipe), South Carolina Peach Cobbler, Susan's Super Summar Salad, World's Best Rosemary Chicken, etc., etc., etc.!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

bump
    I don't think you guys would like me to send a recipe... however I would LOVE to buy a book. Any more news???

I have an awesome horse treat recipe!! Now that my horse has EPSM I can't make it for him so I guess I can let the secret recipe out. I'm sure I could think of a few human ones too!!

I would love to contribute!
    ~Veronica
    "The Son Dee Times" "Sustained" "Somerset" "Franklin Square"
    http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/vxf111/

Okay, here's one of my favorites:

Thai Coconut-Ginger Shrimp

Be sure you buy unsweetened coconut milk (not the kind used for piña coladas), and add enough red pepper flakes to accent the creamy sauce.

2 tablespoons peanut oil
    1/2 small onion, finely chopped
    1 tablespoon peeled and grated fresh ginger
    3 garlic cloves, pushed through a press
    1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes (or more, to taste)
    2 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
    2/3 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
    Salt and pepper
    3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
    metric

1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook onion 3 minutes, until softened. Stir in ginger, garlic, and red pepper flakes; cook 1 minute more. Add tomatoes and coconut milk. Cook 10 minutes or until mixture thickens.
    2. Add shrimp to skillet. Cook 3-4 minutes, until cooked through. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Sprinkle with cilantro before serving over rice.

Serve with a very cold Gewurztraminer.
    Visit Sonesta Farms website at www.sonestafarms.com or our FaceBook page at www.facebook.com/sonestafarms. Also showing & breeding Cavalier King Charles Spaniels.

We did this as a fund raiser for my daughter's co-op pre-school. 15 years later, it is still my favorite cookbook. There are companies out there that produce them. I'd love to share my Turkey Tettrazini, my husband's unbelievable Lobster Stew and my favorite gourmet bran mash recipes. I'd also buy the cookbooks for Christmas gifts.

somewhat confused (this is very normal)

are we actually doing this? if so, how/when

either way how does one go about purchasing

I'm interested in buying one, maybe contributing a recipe (I have to see if my mom has a good one), and if you'd like, I would be willing to talk to my niece's theraputic riding program ... If they were interested, and COTH was interested, I'd be more then happy to sell the cookbooks to whoever was interested and I know the members of the therapy program would do the same ... I go to a community college, work @ a hospital, and my parents own a few shops, I'm sure we could get quite a few sold, even if it wasn't for the theraputic program here ... Let me know ... I offered my services for CBER magnets, but no one ever picked up on them, so I'll offer here ... The more states we could sell to the better off it'll be ...

Oh, and, just a thought, but I think maybe COTH members who submit articles or for the cover or something, should include photos of them with their animals ... 1 photo per person ... We did this for my pony club years ago and it turned out wonderful ... Of course, any COTH'er that has an OTTB that was rescued from the track or adopted through CANTER should definately include a photo if we're trying to support CANTER at all through this ...

If we can get the jump on this and get things rolling, it would be GREAT christmas gifts ...
    R.I.P. Barbaro
    Good luck Nicanor & Lentenor !