The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thank goodness for a happy ending for this pretty guy! It would seem he is a horse who can "read" people pretty well and treats them like they treat him! Kudos on him~!

In the future if someone is around this horse whom he doesn't like, I would watch them! And they better watch their backs!

Unfortunetly not uncommon to see this type of crap at the low-end or even middle type auctions- coast to coast.

Glad to hear that there might be a good outcome to the story though!

Hey, just curious if you two ladies called Tim Nolan Sales yet to verify the rearing palomino I saw on Saturday. What did they tell you? And did you call Erin, who now owns the horse? The guy who tried running him through the auction ended up dumping the horse back on her after he declared him "dangerous." In case you missed it - I provided a link that contains her phone number.

It's not very nice to publically call someone a liar unless you've first checked your resources.

If you're too embarassed to apologize, I can understand, however I think one is owed.

I figure I'd post this right out here since I really hate snippy nasty behind the scenes private messages. No I did not call. I have no intent of calling. I have never seen an auction of the sort you are talking about where horses sell for that much money and people haul from that far away. I checked the website and it does seem to be true in your part of the country and I figured the website would stand on its own.

Do you want a cookie or something?

A2 - any updates?

Quote Originally Posted by enjoytheride View Post
    Hey, just curious if you two ladies called Tim Nolan Sales yet to verify the rearing palomino I saw on Saturday. What did they tell you? And did you call Erin, who now owns the horse? The guy who tried running him through the auction ended up dumping the horse back on her after he declared him "dangerous." In case you missed it - I provided a link that contains her phone number.

It's not very nice to publically call someone a liar unless you've first checked your resources.

If you're too embarassed to apologize, I can understand, however I think one is owed.

I figure I'd post this right out here since I really hate snippy nasty behind the scenes private messages. No I did not call. I have no intent of calling. I have never seen an auction of the sort you are talking about where horses sell for that much money and people haul from that far away. I checked the website and it does seem to be true in your part of the country and I figured the website would stand on its own.

Do you want a cookie or something?
    I got one too. My reply was that I didn't call her a liar, I said it sounded fishy. I really didn't completely explain fishy...could have been a stolen horse. Auctions in this part of the woods are either low end or high end; the two don't mix.

Also, sounded like a long way to go to sell a horse for only $3000.

Here are photos of the palomino I found on-line:

http://www.equine.com/horses-for-sal...ad-977636.html
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

Hey - here's the deal - you want to call me a liar without doing your homework first - then you're probably going to get a PM on it, which I thought was far more mature than posting trash on the public forum.

No, I don't want a cookie. I just don't want to be a called a liar.

Update - I will not be getting him because the price she's asking is outside of my range. She said she has a couple of interested parties, so I hope that he can get into a good home. At least the idiot cowboy wannabe doesn't have him anymore!

5 members found this post helpful.

A2 - thank you for following this horse through back to where he belongs!!

Stuff like this happens all the time. Low price horses, high priced horses, bad looking to beautiful looking horses... People travel the country side to auction off a horse.

I will never forget "John Allen" big, beautiful bay gelding awaiting his run through. He worked out back sound. He should not have been there. He looked like the palamino's condition. He came from a few states away. Wrong hands!

I was 15 and not allowed to buy auction horses otherwise, I would have scooped him up.

Quote Originally Posted by horseygirl4814 View Post
    Lets just say you gotta be careful buying from Dean Nolan. Of all the horses I've known to come from Dean, they have all had issues. Some have been extremely headshy and skittish. Others have been aggressive and dangerous. Some were just plain crazy... A few of them were nearly impossible to bridle. They didn't want their mouth or head touched so they would fly backwards in the stall. Others have had issues with heaves, back problems, etc. In one case, someone I know bought a horse from him and it started colicing nearly everyday. The vet had to come out all the time, and Dean swears he didn't know the horse had problems, but I don't believe that. Anyway, at 7 years old this horse ended up dying after being in his new home for just a few months. When selling a horse, he'll always tell you that they ride or drive the very best, but I have yet to see a good sound horse come from him. A few people have taken horses back to him and demanded their money back. From what I understand, these returned horses were sent to slaughter.
    Why are you bringing up an almost three year old post to slam someone with your first post?

TROLL ALERT

2 members found this post helpful.

Might not be a troll. She might have googled Nolan Sales and found this thread. They just had their final sale for the year last weekend. I didn't go, had to teach, but I won't say there isn't any truth in the posters statement.

I heard from some people that most of the horses and ponies went for $75 Glad I didn't go. With hay the way it is I can't take a chance on buying anymore horses until the couple sales ponies I have sell.

And the sent to slaughter part is also beliveable. His brother, or cousin, can't remember which is one of the kill buyers.

3 members found this post helpful.

All I know is I thought old Acey ducey had risen from the ashes. Soothing myself with ice cream since that wasn't the case.
    "Aye God, Woodrow..."

7 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Long Spot View Post
    All I know is I thought old Acey ducey had risen from the ashes. Soothing myself with ice cream since that wasn't the case.
    So I have to ask. What is an Acey ducey? Guess I missed that one!

Quote Originally Posted by Couture TB View Post
    So I have to ask. What is an Acey ducey? Guess I missed that one!
    The OP of this Zombie thread had a neck for telling wild-donkey-butt stories, then recounting and changing (I seem to recall), disappearing and then re-emerging with a new identity...
    I think some house guests, drunk and otherwise were also involved at one point or another.
    But in essence a lot of her stories had the aroma of week old fish.
    (oh, and a lot of 'look at the great horse woman I am' when the pictures told a different story - or the followup story that supposedly was not the same horse. Fun times!)

Quote Originally Posted by Mozart View Post
    Personally, I think the moderate use of shock collars in training humans should be allowed.

Be careful, y'all. Remember, 'speak of the devil and (s)he shall appear'!
    The plural of anecdote is not data.

Well now I am going to have to read this thread!

I know right ^^^^ I may be off to read all of this one....
    *^*^*^
    Himmlische Traumpferde
    "Wenn Du denkst es geht nicht mehr, kommt von irgendwo ein kleines Licht daher"

Oh, it's a doozy!

Ok so where is the link to the thread you guys were talking about?

Couture, it's not one thread. Feel free to peruse the OP's many names:
    Two Simple
    Auventera Two
    ....who else was she? She would royally screw up (She quit being A2 when a horse she was boarding colicked. She was gobsmacked that it happened,because she believed ALL colic was ALWAYS related to NEGLECT). Emphasis MINE.

She then fell all over herself backpedaling and simultaneously raging at 'us' and when that happens, one usually ends up covered in manure and looking foolish.

She hasn't come back.

Yet.

1 members found this post helpful.