The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default USEA updates T3DE page

Happy Friday,

The USEA has revised their T3DE page. Click on:
    http://useventing.com/competitions.p...n=training3day

Nice easy way to check up on qualifications, rules and current information for that T or P 3DE in your future!!!

Cheers!!

Training Three-Day Event (T3D): Open to competitors of any age, on horses four years of age or older. Both the competitor and the horse must have obtained NQR’s at four horse trials at the Training Level or higher, one of which must be attained as a combination. A competitor established at the Preliminary level may compete on a horse which has obtained 2 NQR’s at the Training Level or higher.
    Hey, hold the phone . . .

Am I reading this correctly? There are NO CUTOFF DATES for qualifiers?? If so, then hey--I'm qualified with Keebler already!

Which is NOT to say we're ready in any way, shape or form since I've yet to point his spotted nose at a XC fence. But wow, if we have a few good outings, maybe the IEA T3D is not entirely inconceivable as a goal this summer. Yay!
    Click here before you buy.

Sorry to sound stupid, but what does NQR mean in this context? I always thought it meant "not quite right". Especially in discussions of lameness and the mental status of eventers.

And I've completed 2 Training levels in the past season, have entered my first one for this year, so I still have the T3D at GMHA firmly in my sights!
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

Default FA

Me too!
    What it does mean is national qualifying ride.

Here is the meaning that I copied from USEF:

Except as noted below, National Qualifying Result (NQR): an NQR is achieved by completing the entire Horse Trial and scoring:
    Completion, except as noted below, means having completed the entire Horse Trial, and it means having: completed the cross-country test with no more than one
    disobedience.
    - not more than 50 penalty points in the Dressage Test; and
    - No jumping penalties at obstacles on the Cross Country Test, and not more than 90 seconds (36 penalty points) exceeding the optimum time; and not more than 16 penalties at obstacles in the Jumping Test.

I am hoping to volunteer at GMHA this year (schedule still unsure) and get my "NQR" for next year!!!

Quote Originally Posted by deltawave View Post
    Hey, hold the phone . . .

Am I reading this correctly? There are NO CUTOFF DATES for qualifiers?? If so, then hey--I'm qualified with Keebler already!

Which is NOT to say we're ready in any way, shape or form since I've yet to point his spotted nose at a XC fence. But wow, if we have a few good outings, maybe the IEA T3D is not entirely inconceivable as a goal this summer. Yay!
    You have to have one NQR as a combination, remember... but that is easy to do by June.

So GMHA is having a N3D... does anyone know what the qualifications for that are? Google is failing me

You have to have one NQR as a combination
    Well, if you count me as an "established Preliminary rider" I'm not sure I need even that. But I sure as heck don't. That was a long time ago, and the only "established" thing was Gwennie.

Quote Originally Posted by graytbmare View Post
    So GMHA is having a N3D... does anyone know what the qualifications for that are? Google is failing me
    That's not USEA recognized, so it is entirely at the discretion of the organizers. Try contacting them: http://www.gmhainc.org/contacting-gmha.html

HA, DW. You established that you were a fabulous prelim rider by the third fence, AIR.

You and Gwennie were a force of nature. I'm so happy for you that you found each other!
    They don't call me frugal for nothing.
    Proud and achy member of the Eventing Grannies clique.

I'm not totally sure about the N3D but I believe it would be similar to Training but at Novice, so 4 N events, at least one with no XC penalties. But because it is an educational event, they can be flexible. Remember you won't have steeplechase fences, they are calling it a "steeple-PACE" because you're just gonig to gallop around to get a feel for going faster without having to navigate the jumps.

Excellent! I emailed the organizer; hopefully it will work out. Our goal for next year is a T3D, but if we can do it at novice this year that would be great. Thats good about the steeplechase too, Id be kinda scared to see some people who go novice try a steeplechase!

Id be kinda scared to see some people who go novice try a steeplechase!
    I go Novice.

I didnt meant that to be mean deltawave, we are going novice too Charlie and I would defiantly be scary in a steeplechase at this point, but Im sure you would rock it! Im pretty sure her ex-racehorseness would beat out our new jumping skills haha

I think it is such a great idea to have a N3D. And here is the qualifications from the organizer:
    Horse and Rider must be registered members of the USEA. Horses and riders must have competed in four sanctioned Training (Novice) Level Horse Trials; one event must have been as a combination (Novice – two combinations). At each event the rider or horse, or combination must have completed the entire trials with not more than 50 penalty points in Dressage, no jump penalties and not more than 90 seconds (36pts) time penalties on Cross Country, & not more than 16 penalties at obstacles in Stadium Jumping. Qualifying events must be listed on entry. Junior division competitors will be placed on teams. Bring a groom!

If we can we are planning on going! Anyone else in?

I would love to go but I had to take last year off from competing. I won't be NQR until 2011. Hoping to at least volunteer.