The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Horse Insurance Recs..... Need a new agency/company potentially

Seems like Major Medical covers nothing?

Quote from an email I got today:

"Major medical does not cover routine care or joint injections. It does not pay for shoeing or some of the experimental programs.
    Please call if you have any questions after getting the application. You can go on a pay plan and this company no longer charges for a pay plan."

Does anyone have a good recommendation for who their horse is insured with for mortality/surgical/MM?

Going to search the forums also.

I guess I am lucky that the only major medical thing I was thinking about doing were joint injections.... was asking UGA about an ultrasound guided SI injection.

Sounds like that isn't covered.

My vet told me to ask if my insurance company covers adequan, but sounds like they don't.

Is there an insurance company that covers all of this kind of stuff?
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

I've never heard of an insurance company covering Adequan or joint injections. It's considered routine maintenance. Some companies will cover a one time injection used to treat an acute injury.

FWIW, I use Cunningham and Cunningham and have been very pleased. They underwrite with a few companies so they can show you a few options to choose from.

I had never heard of it either... but would like to find out if someone does cover it! It is crazy expensive.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450