The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

WildHorses51599 Guest

Default Beautiful TB/Paint (solid bay) 5 yo In Maryland

I have a beautiful solid bright bay w/a blaze (reg. APHA) TB/Paint 16.2H that I am looking to find a great home for. He has navicular, but is currently in pads and corrective shoeing. He also has osteoarthrits in his left hock. We had his hocks injected last fall and that did help. We were able to use him for light riding on the flat. The vet recommended a dose of bute 2 hours before we ride.

He is the sweetest horse and would make a fantastic companion or babysitter. He may be able to be used for light riding on the flat for a person who is on the lighter side - but there are some days he is more sore than others so I can not say he is 100% sound. He has no vices and gets long well with other horses. Loves to play, but is low man in the herd. He is great in crossties, as well as for the farrier. He'll stand there and let you clip his face all day long. He loves attention, and has the most wonderful temperament! Very easy way about him.

I have pictures I can forward if anyone would like to see him, or email me with any questions you may have. I just want to find a home for him where he will be loved and cared for, as he is pretty special guy!

What kind of training background does he have? What type of give away situation are you looking for? ie Free to good home, free lease, etc?
    Do not take anything to heart. Do not hanker after signs of progress. Founder of the Riders with Fibromyalgia clique.

WildHorses51599 Guest

We've had him for about a year. Before I bought him, the seller was using him with her girls in 4-H and we have used him occasionally for light (flat) riding.

I would be willing to give him away to an excellent home with references. As I said before, he's a very sweet boy and he deserves to have a home where he will be loved and looked after.

He is UTD on all shots, his feet were just done, and he's having his teeth done next week.

Thanks