The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Anyone have the Duratech Aquanon T/O Sheet? (Schneider's)

How does it hold up? Is the inside lining smooth? Is it actually waterproof? And do you think it'd hold up okay just being used as a stable sheet? (I need to buy one that's waterprooof, though, because my pony's boarded in an in-and-out)

Also, do the sizes run true, or are they more like the sizing on Horseware/Weatherbeeta/Dover's?

Also, just a heads-up, they are NOT made by Schneider's, as Carousel Horse Tack stocks them as well. (And that's where I plan to buy from)

I got one on close out and it has held up well so far (got it right before xmas for the 2 yearlings). It is DEFINITELY waterproof and the lining is smooth.

The sizing seems ot be pretty true, but I have the midget sizes (60" and 64").

Got one on closeout, too, but it's for next year. Seems fine in the construction department on a cursory once-over. The lining is smooth.
    Click here before you buy.

Where am I and what am I doing in this handbasket?

i think "duratech" is schneider's own brand (like rider's is dover's), so it's more likely that carousel is a retailer for this line.

I saw the clearance price. I'm trying to figure out if a giant Orange sheet on a chestnut horse is do-able as a spare. Gag reflex vs. savings? what to do, what to do?
    Definition of "Horse": a 4 legged mammal looking for an inconvenient place and expensive way to die. Any day they choose not to execute the Master Plan is just more time to perfect it. Be Very Afraid.

I've got two of them too. And as DMK stated, they are a Schneider's brand.

The one sheet is on it's second (or is it third?) season and holding up well enough. I'd had to fix a couple small tears, as it's only 600d and my boy can be hard on clothes. It is staying waterproof, but I also rewaterproof all my blankets and sheets annually.

The second one is staying waterproof too and it's still on it's first season. No tears or rips, yet .

Sizing. I find they run just like the other Schneider's stuff... which is a size larger. Gus is an 84" in Shires and Dover, but is an honest 82" in Schneiders stuff. (And my other boy is the same way, a size smaller in Schneiders compared to other brands, like Masta).

Hope that helps. Definitely worth the money... as they are fairly cheap and do seem to stay waterproof.
    Proud owner of Gus & Gringo.
    See G2's blog
    Photos