The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Mountain Horse Firenze dress boot

http://www.doversaddlery.com/mountai...38855/cn/4958/

Has anyone seen these in person? They are under new products on Dover's site, they look decent considering the small price tag, just wondering what they look/feel like in person. The images on Mountain Horse's site do not look as nice...

They look just like my boots (their dress boot that has the slender sole, I think the Sportage II) and are in the same price range. Only thing that looks different is the toe is round vs square. I LOVE my MH boots, very comfy, with little breakdown, although I only wear them once a week at the moment for my lessons.
    When the student is ready, the teacher will appear.

I just ordered a pair through Dover. I like the more traditional dress look a bit more, the swagger tabs with the logo on these are a little tacky, but I was shopping for a <$200 dress boot that is COMFORTABLE and DURABLE and I know Mountain Horse has a good reputation for both so I'm giving them a whirl. I'll let you know how they are when they arrive!
    "Capture the horse's confidence to obtain his consent." -General L'Hotte

Default Firenze dress boot

PennyChrome, how are your boots?

do they run true to size or small? Feedback on Dover's site seems to infer that they run small, I'm hoping this is true since I wear a size 5.

for others who might be interested in the boots but don't like the swagger tab: the swagger tab on Dover's website was a mistake (presumably made by the art department). I called about it earlier this week because I noticed in shopping around on other websites that it wasn't there. If you look at their site now, the boot is depicted minus the swagger tab.

They look pretty nice to me on their site

http://www.mountainhorseusa.net/spri...ress_boot.html

I have nearly all the MH dress boots except the Firenze. I wear an 8 in Ariat but a 7 in MH. All mine are very comfy. I just ordered some dressage boots though so need to consolidate. The only thing I don't like is the back zipper because it has to be replaced often due to wear. Got inside front zippers on my new Cavallos.

I have had way more problems with Ariat zips..

I have a pair of their boots and I like them, they just do not shine up for showing. Do these boots have more of a shine?

North of the Frozen Tundra, but I can see it from my house.

Quote Originally Posted by fizzyfuzzybuzzy View Post
    They look just like my boots (their dress boot that has the slender sole, I think the Sportage II) and are in the same price range. Only thing that looks different is the toe is round vs square. I LOVE my MH boots, very comfy, with little breakdown, although I only wear them once a week at the moment for my lessons.
    Which has the more square toe? I prefer that.

Square toe is on the Classic Dress. Also has a high spanish top. My zipper problems I don't think are at the fault of Mountain Horse but boots with use and the zippers being in the back which I've decided is a bad location for zippers.