The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Pro Circuit sizes - regular vs. low rise fit

I love my Pro Circuits but have lost a few pounds recently and they now look horrible on me! I would like to try the low rise version but see they come in regular and slim fit. The waist of my current ones still fits but they are too baggy everywhere else. Would I be better to order the slim fit low rise in my current size or buy the regular fit low rise a size down?

Unfortunately, I can't try them on as I live out of the country so have to order online.

I'd order a regular low rise. I'm pretty skinny and although the regular fit is slightly baggier, it looks and feels way better than the slim fit. All my Pro Circuits are low rise, and I've noticed that some fit slightly slimmer just depending on the color! My beige patterned ones are the slimmest, then the plain beige, and my khaki ones are the baggiest!

It is interesting that you say that the patterned are the slimmest. I have two regular rise, gray and beige, and one low rise, patterned. The low rise patterned are a size larger and I feel like they are actually smaller.