The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking Ride times posted for Morven Park 3/14 show

Times are up and the sun will shine!!!

http://www.equestrianeventmanagement...Ride_Times.pdf
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

How did you know to look there? The entry form says they'll be on the Morven website, but obviously they are not ;->
    Yvonne Lucas
    Red Moon Farm
    redmoonfarm.com

"Practice doesn't make perfect. PERFECT practice makes perfect." - Jim Wofford

"Some days you're the dog, some days the hydrant." - Jim Wofford

Default Good luck Everybody......

Looks like 2010 show season is starting like 2009 did.....If its' RAINING this must be Morven Park.............oh well, at least it isn't 5 MORE feet of SNOW.......and with all this rain, how about that GREEN GRASS!!!!!......

Stay dry (if you can) and have a good show!

I emailed Shannon last night to ask about the ride times as I could not find them where the entry form said to look as well.

She sent me the link.

Have a good ride (s?) SFVA!!! You may want to pack some water wings unless you got lucky and are ridin in the indoor!!!.........

We are expected to get up to 3 INCHES of rain this weekend......on top of the newly melted 5 FEET of snow......

The heck with RIDIN.....I think I'll start on building a boat

It looks like half of us will be riding in the rain. My mare hates puddles. She's such a priss. But ah well it'll be fun sloshing around.

I'll be there again
    Atleast one of my tests is in the indoor!
    BDC

looks like splish splash will be the order of the day- even if nothing is falling from the clouds. Oh well- it's spring showers. The grass is going to be mighty green this spring!!! Good luck to all!
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet
    member CDCTA www.cdcta.com, TROT www.trot-md.org & Free State Appaloosa Horse Club freestateaphc.org

Default Hope everybody had a good show.....

And how WET was it?????.......

Not at all in the indoor

I had a nice outing for the two horses I took. It was helpful to see what progress we had managed to make over the winter and where we are lacking. Have some work to do before next weekend!

Thumbs up

Silver- it was wet but not at all slippery. I warmed up in the Davis ring (the horse I ride does not like traffic) and rode both my tests in the outdoor (Bedford) ring with no problems at all with the footing. That said, there were little puddles in hoofprints, but no big lakes!!! And the horse I rode seems to like the slop- if he were a race horse he would be a mudder!!!

All in all I was happy with my test- was pretty sick last weekend (sinuses) so had not ridden in a bit. We stayed on course, had no incidents and got some good marks (including some 8s on halts, which we have been practicing)
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet

Congrats Baylady! Sounds like a great way to start 2010!!

It was a good first show of the year. I realized it was my first dressage show since August! I paid college tuition in August and well...had to recover from that, then the show season was over and winter was fierce.

I took my friend & the OTTB I picked up in October from Delaware Park, they did well in Training 1. Her second ever dressage show, his first non-race event. He IS a mudder. Thank goodness as they were in the outdoor. Unfortunately, he tripped and grabbed his heel, and while he was sound on it yesterday, it is ouchy today, but it is superficial, but he has serious callouses from doing this his whole life. He got third place! Go Tanq.

Then, I rode Bali, and realized that even though we've shown at Morven a few times, she'd never been in the indoor...and she thought that those flags by the judge were a fantastic excuse to play skeerd pony who likes head twirls and dramatic transitions. I have things to work on, I'm losing a lot of points in some consistency items that I need to knuckle down and fix. There is no excuse for a 5 on a halt, and a few other items that are things I can fix. The lengthenings, they are going to take longer, they will come, but there is some low-hanging fruit items that I can work on fixing to improve scores.

We were in the red spectrum, a red & a pink.

I was thoroughly chilled at the end of the day, but it was a fun day.

CONGRATS SFVA.....red zone is good, esp. after a long hiatus from showing!.....sounds like it was chilly and nasty outside though......

Any of you going back to MP this weekend?

Thanks. Is there something at MP this weekend? I was going to go to a local jumper show out in Berryville, VA, but the rain caused a lacrosse tailgate I'm bringing the main course for to be moved from this past Saturday and since I'd already cooked 30 lbs of taco meat for the main course, I stuck that in my freezer and I need to feed the team tacos (seriously, 30 lbs is a LOT of taco meat!), so no jumper show for me.

My next show is in NC. Which reminds me...I need to get my hotel reserved. I'm hoping to work on my show nerves by going for an away show with multiple days...I hope it works!

Yup, a schooling show (VADA/NOVA)....but I think it is full because my horses' niece (a lovely Royal Prince filly) was s'posed to be showing but they got wait listed....

30 lbs of MEAT is ALOT of MEAT.....and if I tell my sdx (thats' "sofa dawg excellant") 86lb. male Dobie boy he will want to "help" you dispose of the "meatballs".....Dillon LOVES "meatballs"....

Good luck with the jumper show.......are you still having it with all this SOAKED ground?....

(Was it your pretty young horse, the bay?, that you showed last weekend?)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver~Image~Farm View Post
    Any of you going back to MP this weekend?
    I didn't do the MP show last weekend. I will be at the VADA/NoVA show on Sunday. It's our first show this year. Due to the harsh winter and lack of riding, I just signed-up for Intro. A and B. My tests are at 4:23 and 4:44 p.m. Heck, since I don't have to be up at the crack of dawn, I might actually braid my mare's mane.

There are only three of us doing Intro. at this show, so I'm guaranteed a blue, red or yellow ribbon.

If anyone from COTH is there - I'll be on the loud chestnut and white overo QH/Paint with the blue eye. We stand out like a sore thumb at shows.

Hi Paintlady

I am in the classes with you on Manzini- hoping for a steady quiet ride!!! Best of luck, ride time are up!!!

Kathy sends
    Appy Trails,
    Kathy & Cadet

Quote Originally Posted by baylady7 View Post
    Hi Paintlady

I am in the classes with you on Manzini- hoping for a steady quiet ride!!! Best of luck, ride time are up!!!

Kathy sends
    Cool! I'm Laura and will be on MD Grace E. It will be hard to miss us. I don't have high expectations at this point in the year. My mare is soooo out of shape right now that it's hard for her to move out and keep balanced at the same time. Plus, she is still very hairy. Oh well...

Good luck to everyone! I will not be riding (hoping to ride at the April benefit show), but I will be scribing. I hope you can read my handwriting!