The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default A few jingles for my bunny...she is going to the Bridge today

My bunny Eve has been diagnosed with terminal thymoma. She is not in any pain but there is no treatment. A few jingles for my Evie to keep her happy and pain-free for a few more weeks would be appreciated. Her birthday is in July - she would be seven.

I wish I could find some fresh corn on the cob for her somewhere - it's her favorite treat.

***Update: Today is Eve's last day. She stopped eating the day before yesterday and the mass is interfering with her breathing. Please spare a good thought for my little bun today.***
    Last edited by Guin; Mar. 26, 2010 at 06:25 AM.
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

Jingles for Eve and you ~ so sorry to read about her diagnosis ~ Jingles for pain-free happinness & some fresh corn on the cob. Thoughts and prayers for you two during this impossible time period of love and remembrance. Hugs for both of you and a kiss on top of the head for Eve.
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Quote Originally Posted by Guin View Post
    My bunny Eve has been diagnosed with terminal thymoma. She is not in any pain but there is no treatment. A few jingles for my Evie to keep her happy and pain-free for a few more weeks would be appreciated. Her birthday is in July - she would be seven.

I wish I could find some fresh corn on the cob for her somewhere - it's her favorite treat.
    You must be a very good bunny owner if your Eve is almost 7. I think that is pretty old for a rabbit, isn't it?

Hopefully she will be with you for awhile yet.

I loff my bunny Monet and having nearly lost her last year I know how you are feeling.

[[[hugs]]] to you and a snuggle to Evie. Jingles and Bunny whiffles of strength from Monet to Evie - hang in there little one, your mummy needs you still!

When Monet was touch and go I did Reiki on her for ten minutes morning and night - I'll never know for sure but I would swear it was what saved her.

You and Evie will be in my thoughts, keep strong in this terrible time.

xxxxx

Jingles for your bunny from me and Fernando the bunny.

Jingles! And ((((((((HUGS)))))))))

JINGLES JINGLES JINGLES JINGLES JINGLES JINGLES JINGLES

Jingles.... I have only had my bunny Jigs since December, and his friend Honey since last week. But I'm already so attached to them. I'm sorry you are facing this and hope your time together will be sweet.

Thank you. *sniff* I will make a trip to Whole Foods today to get her the special organic dandelion greens that she likes. The vet says it is not a painful condition but the mass will soon interfere with her breathing, at which point....
    I realize that I'm generalizing here, but as is often the case when I generalize, I don't care. ~ Dave Barry

awww.....Evie. Bunnies are the best. Mine are here playing in my office right now as a I type.

Guin, sending tons of jingles to all of you.
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Jingles/Prayers from me and Mr.Harry Velvet-Ears the bunny

Jingles and hugs!
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by NoDQhere View Post
    You must be a very good bunny owner if your Eve is almost 7. I think that is pretty old for a rabbit, isn't it?

Hopefully she will be with you for awhile yet.
    I think seven is about the average lifespan for a domestic bun. My previous bunny, Hazel, was about six, I think.

Eve's munching on her fancy organic dandelions, so today is still a good day.

Hazel and henry - my barn-bunnies - send jingles to Eve.

I have to admit that even though we raise them for meat a lot of them wind up with names, and when they get ill we fuss over them too. Jingles from several dozen bunnies and me that Eve is as happy and comfy as she can be, and ((hugs)) to you.
    Courageous Weenie Eventer Wannabe
    Incredible Invisible

***Update: Today is Eve's last day. She stopped eating the day before yesterday and the mass is interfering with her breathing. Please spare a good thought for my little bun today.***

My condolences Guin, this is a rough time for pet owners.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

Sincere condolences. I remember how hard it was to lose little Checkers. He came to me with a bone infection. I tried so hard to clean it and clear it, but it won out in the end. He was the cutest, happiest little thing. He used to run up to the cats and bump them to try to get them to play with him. Then he'd run laps around them while they almost got dizzy watching him. No one ever tried to hurt him. He was such a joy. I'm so sorry for your loss.
    Tranquility Farm - Proud breeder of Born in the USA Sport Horses, and Cob-sized Warmbloods
    Now apparently completely invisible!

So very sorry ~ thoughts and prayers and hugs for you ~ Godspeed Eve .
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

Eve is gone. The vets asked permission to do an xray because they had not seen that type of tumor before, so I'm glad Eve was able to provide a learning experience after she departed.

Misty, you sent that wonderful hay to me for her a couple of years ago.

Thanks for the jingles, everyone.