The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Video of Rubinstein I? Update - Found video and posted on youtube! Link on 4th post.

I know about the short video on Horse-Gate, but does anyone know of any other videos of Rubinstein? I can't seem to find much of anything....
    Last edited by jdeboer01; Mar. 7, 2010 at 09:55 PM.
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability

I found this on You Tube, but it's not marked as to whether it's THE Rubinstein. Looks like him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a8tOX...eature=related

Caitlin
    Caitlin
    *OMGiH I Loff my Mare* and *My Saddlebred Can Do Anything Your Horse Can Do*
    http://community.webshots.com/user/redmare01

At sporthorse-data.com there is a nice little video (just type in his name).

At A-1 Performance Sires you can rent Rubinstein and His Sons from the video library.

Thanks everyone! After another COTH member gave me a huge lead, I found some video, and went ahead and posted it on youtube for everybody.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4Qzw__KGC0

What an incredible stallion he was.....

Enjoy!
    www.sauconycreeksporthorses.com
    Dedicated to breeding Friesian Sporthorses
    with world class pedigrees and sport suitability

Wow...what a neat horse. I think he must be my favorite WB of all. I loved how he was ridden in that video also.

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing on youtube.
    Member OMGiH I loff my mares clique!!!

Thank you for that link. Wonderful to see and to see him so well ridden too!
    Anne
    -------
    "Where knowledge ends violence begins." B. Ljundquist

Wonderful video. I believe Heike Albert had that clip on her video of Routinier.

Rubinstein I was such a kind and generous horse - so full of try and desire to please. And such a shame his gentle heart could not find the fight in it to overcome the laminitis that claimed him. He was gone way too young.

"Chills" - what a wonderful performance. What a horse - and incredible influence in warmblood breeding.

I have that wonderful footage of him posted above on YouTube.........it was on the stallion videos of several of his sons......Rolling Stone, Rosenthal, etc. He was a fantastic horse.......I love his"R" line! I have two of them.....
    www.flyingcolorsfarm.comHome of pinto stallion Claim to Fame and his homozygous son, Counterclaim. Friend us on Facebook!https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Fl...04678589573428

Thanks for sharing the links! I feel very fortunate to have a granddaughter in my herd.

I also noticed on Facebook that the Rubinstein son Ruffian is once again available for breeding, and they are running a great special on his fee, to kind of reintroduce him to the market!

Looking Glass Farm Offers a one-time breeding special to reintroduce a very special stallion to the breeding market: GOV Licensed Oldenburg Stallion Ruffian (Rubenstein 1/St. Pr. St. Ilmenau (Inschallah AA) ) HALF PRICE STUD FEE $600.00 if booked by March 31, 2010. Normal stud fee $1200.00. For details on Ruffian visit...www.oldenburghorse.com or www.lgfsporthorses.com. DVD of Ruffian available or farm visit by appointment. Offspring on premises. Collection fees apply. Live foal guarantee. EVA negative and vaccinated. lookingglassfarm@mac.com

Ruffian is right down the road from my farm and I get to see him often. He is a wonderful stallion both in personality, conformation and movement. Alison is doing a great job with bringing him back. I had a wonderful filly by him with spectacular movement. I would not hesitate to breed back to him again with the right mare. All you mare owner's still looking should jump on this great offer.

Managed to get Ruffian back out in the show ring last weekend (yay!). OK, just a schooling show, but he scored 68.9% at 3rd level, test 2. We still have a way to go in terms of fitness and strength, but I was SO impressed with his behavior - I have never taken him out in public since I have had him and he hasn't shown for probably 4 years or so. No real goals for him, just want to keep him healthy and happy and enjoying his work.

And, more exciting - one of his daughters was at the same show!