The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Stable blanket w/hood

I'm trying to find a stable blanket that has an attached hood. I know Dover used to make one and I think Rambo may have also. But I can't find them anymore. Does anybody know of any stable blankets w/ an attached hood? Thanks!

http://www.smithbrothers.com/silver-...-24077/c2p/hp/

The western stores have a lot of them, there's a lot more but this is an example

Big D makes fabulous blanket and hood sets. They wear like iron and look great. Smith brothers or Schneiders also make blanket and hood sets.

If you mean attached as in not-removable, then no- I don't know of anyone making them anymore. We have a few of the Rambo relics hanging around and they are great if you can find a used one.

Quote Originally Posted by joiedevie99 View Post
    If you mean attached as in not-removable, then no- I don't know of anyone making them anymore. We have a few of the Rambo relics hanging around and they are great if you can find a used one.
    Yeah I want one that is non-removable. I guess I'll look for a used rambo. Those are my favorites.

No American brand does...you have to go to europe to get anything decent in my mind. i too was searching for the same thing, attatched hood to blanket, stable and turnout. hoods that would snap or zip on just got torn apart by my guys pasture mates. rambos dont fit my guy at all so they werent an option. but alot of european blanket brands have attatched hoods in both stable and turnout and the prices are surprisingly pretty decent. eskadron had an amazing stable blanket with attatched hood and bellyband, but sadly discontinued it even though it was extremely popular

What feetofclay said. If you want to see the European options, Google for "combo stable rug". You occasionally see them in the US; Google for "combo stable blanket."

My previous trainer in Michigan ended up getting this one. Fairly cheap to ship it from the UK, and Shires is a very reputable brand and this is only about $50 US:
    http://www.barnstormers.co.uk/acatal...TABLE_RUG.html