The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default The Foreman

Can anyone help me with this...wasn't The Foreman sold overseas (maybe Susanna Bordone???) a while back? I saw him romping around xc with Phillip twice already this year and was wondering if he's a one-man ride, a la Jam.

I remember reading about him and Phillip talked about his unorthodox jumping style, and the fact that he really, REALLY hates warm up, gets very wound up. And last w/e at PTF he "left" Phillip in the xc warm up and exited stage right...then they rejoined for a great and speedy trip around the advanced xc.

I love that he is quirky, I love that he is related to my retired horse, and I love that Phillip appreciates him. Just wondering about that sale (or am I dreaming it?),

Phillip rode him at Pine Top last weekend in one of the Advanced divisions...
    ~Drafties Clique~Sprite's Mom~ASB-loving eventer~
    www.gianthorse.photoreflect.com ~ http://photobucket.com/albums/v692/tarheelmd07/

I don't recall anything about him being sold. I do think I remember him having a string of minor-to-moderate injuries that kept him from competing, which is why he tends to disappear for months at a time. But these are all vague memories in my head.

Nova Top and Dusky Moon were sold overseas to different riders, The Foreman is still with Phillip.

Quote Originally Posted by 3dazey View Post
    I saw him romping around xc with Phillip twice already this year and was wondering if he's a one-man ride, a la Jam.
    There's a member on COTH that posts from time to time (and a co-worker of mine) that took the Foreman to his first low level competitions, she never made it out like he was a one-man ride but I guess that could have changed as he moved up the levels.

Quote Originally Posted by takeone4theteam View Post
    Nova Top and Dusky Moon were sold overseas to different riders, The Foreman is still with Phillip.
    Ah...I must have been thinking of Nova Top.

Thanks, all!