The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Mr. ABJ, you are not forgotten

While I have posted very very little about Mr. ABJ, it is because, while we think Cloudy has simply gone away, I can assure you, she is alive and well and hell bent on finding any little thing she can to destroy Sunkissed after her public bashing. Sadly, all she has managed to do is convince half of Summerville that the meat slid off the bun so happy reading Cloudy.

I found Mr. ABJ's previous owner. He had been given to her and even at that time was in poor condition. She in turn was trying to find a home for him and had taken him out on a trail ride in Calhoun. There a man from Summerville agreed to take him.

The little shack I was lead to did indeed house our Mr. ABJ for what appears to have been two months. While I was positive that whomever lived in that house must have been the animal who starved our boy, I was wrong.

What I didnt realize was, I met MR. ABJ last Nov. I attended a call on three horses and Mr. ABJ was one of them, I just didnt recognize him due to the condition he had come to. Sadly, before I could remove those three horses, they disappeared. I have found the other two and they are in deplorable condition, Dept of Ag will have to step in. One is two years old and the other is her 7 year old dam and she is bred back.

And in the end, the person who dumped MR. ABJ came to me all on his own. He has not admitted it yet but it matters little. He knew full well Mr ABJ was not going to make it and so he did what he decided he had to do. Euthansia never occured to him I guess.

Quite honestly, the guy is too stupid to realize what I know. His neighbors have confirmed he owned the horse with one eye but no one knows where any of the three horses went. He wont be charged unless someone can verify that he dumped Mr ABJ but his life is going to hell. And he brought it on himself. He would not release the other two to me cause he wants to be paid for them but....................thats his perogative.

I wont post his name yet, no point feeding Cloudy, but, we have the person so capable of that kind of cruelty. Mr. ABJ, you will never be forgotten.
    Our horses are not seen as the old and disabled they may have become, but rather as the mighty steeds they once believed themselves to be.

Sunkissed Acres Rescue and Retirement

It is good news you were able to figure it out. Too bad the person who did this can not be punished. Good job with your sleuthing.

I truly do not understand why C&C is on the war path about this. What did I miss?
    Last edited by trubandloki; Mar. 5, 2010 at 08:56 AM.

Lori-- so glad to hear that some progress in Mr ABJ's case has been made, I knew you wouldn't rest until the monster who did this to that poor little fellow was found.
    Also, I still intend to send you my Proof of Purchase Seals from my TCSenior bags, but to be honest, I have not done anything more in my barn than the barte minimum due to the weather, but the seals will be removed from the bags before they go to the trash.
    The only difference between a runaway and a fast gallop is nothing but a SMILE
    Most horses cross the Rainbow Bridge, but TEDDY JUMPED IT!!!
    Member of the COTH Enabler Clique

Have you considered filing suit...for slander and libel? (since it's been online and possibly IRL too?) Or harassment?

I'm sure the collective Coth folks might know of an attorney to take this pro bono. And a certified letter might go a long way to making her a tad more quiet.

Because she seems to have a whole lotta crazy she's willing to share. Between her bashing of you and your facility and care....to her Yosemite Sam type personality on this BB. Maybe a dose of reality will make this person realize that there are better hobbies than being a vindictive clueless witch.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

PRAISE GOD! Seeeeee, He is right...:

Numbers 32:23b: ...and you may be sure that your sin will find you out.

Way to go Lori!
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Is there anything we can do to help the 2 horses still in this idiots care? I hope he doesn't starve them to death like he did Mr. ABJ. I'm glad you were able to solve the mystery. Let me know if I can help. And Cloudie and Callie, I know you are probably lurking on here, shame on you. Please reconsider and use your skills for good things not trying to tear down someone who is doing a world of good for animals in that community.

No worries about outing him until you know the time is right, Lori - keep up the great work!!
    Eternal Earth-Bound Pets Independent Contractor.

All I want is to know WHAT HAPPENED TO THE CHICKEN???

Lori, bless you for continuing your investigation on behalf of those who can no longer speak for themselves.

As for C&C, I wonder what skeletons could possibly be in her closet that she is attacking those who do good for the least fortunate?

He is definitely not forgotten, bless his heart.

Lori, I am going to get resume work asap with my Vet up here to get the details ironed out and have the emergency kits and slings rolling through Special Horses, Inc. We have some good people on board with this...Mr. ABJ is going to end up saving some lives for sure

You know we will help in any way we can. Just say the word ((hugs))
    I Loff My Quarter Horse & I love Fenway Bartholomule cliques

Just somebody with a positive outlook on life...go ahead...hate me for that.

Yes, I agree those with a vendetta usually have unresolved issues of their own and would best be served by turning their focus inward so they can learn how to let it go.

Otherwise, good for you for finding out the truth. His story is still sad, but some good has certainly come of it.

Lori -

I guess this gives you some closure but I do hope the other horses can be saved. At least you know what happened.

As to the rest...... it's not the first time a COTH poster has turned out to be a real life whackjob - but I hope it is the last.

I missed the "Cloudy" exchange - can you link me to it?

Lori, your heart is big and full. My friend Jim Rohn the philosopher always said "All good will be attacked, the noxious weeds and bugs are drawn to it". Sadly that is true. But it will not deter you because you know the truth!

Be strong! You do not stand alone - we are all here with you!!! In ABJ's memory and for all the others that suffer.
    "If you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there"

in the tiny cottage behind three maple trees

Lori, well done. I know it's a bittersweet sort of thing, to find out how this happened, but at least now you know.

C&C, karma's a real bitch, hun. But it is satisfying to know that people like you tend to hang themselves.
    Full-time bargain hunter.

Lori, thank you for the update. I hope the other two horses can be found and turned over to your care, and that sad excuse for a human being can be prosecuted. I'm sure none of us have forgotten Mr. ABJ. As for C&C, trying to discredit and bring down a reputable rescue is beyond despicable.
    Last edited by arabhorse2; Mar. 5, 2010 at 09:32 AM.
    Homeopathy claims water can cure you since it once held medicine. That's like saying you can get sustenance from an empty plate because it once held food.

PLEASE keep us informed as to the two other horses. And I truly truly hope what goes around, comes around.
    www.specialhorses.org
    a 501(c)3 organization helping 501(c)3 equine rescues

Lori--Just ... thanks.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Lori, I have a huge huge amount of stuff to send for the store and I am afraid the postage will be sky high. anyone in the Columbus area willing to meet and deliver, if you are going her way? If not i will figure out a way to get it to you...
    SPAY/NEUTER/RESCUE/ADOPT!
    Little Star Chihuahua Rescue
    The Barkalicious Bakery
    On Facebook!!!

Moonriver: check your PMs
    <>< Sorrow Looks Back. Worry Looks Around. Faith Looks Up! -- Being negative only makes a difficult journey more difficult. You may be given a cactus, but you don't have to sit on it.

Hopefully the people IRL will realize C&C is as nutty as a fruitcake.

Lori, my heart goes out to you. You do such great work and to be bashed like this is just unconscionable.

For those of you who missed it, like I did, here is the link to the thread:

http://chronofhorse.com/forum/showth...242091&page=22

Makes you wonder WTF is wrong with people?!

Outside Ocala FL - Horse Capital of the World

I'm just shaking my head here, to think that there are so many idiots out there capable of starving a horse to death, and to publicly attempt to discredit a person or organization that is trying to help. Really. What is the point to either of them?

Thank you for all that you do!
    There are friends and faces that may be forgotten, but there are horses that never will be. - Andy Adams