The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thumbs up Rolex 3 Day 2010 Entries

It's only a handful...but it's a start and mean spring is just around the corner ; )

http://www.rk3de.org/entry_list.php

I'm so sad that Heather Morris will not be there with Slate River. : (
    http://kaboomeventing.com/
    http://kaboomeventing.blogspot.com/
    Horses are amazing athletes and make no mistake -- they are the stars of the show!

Quote Originally Posted by purplnurpl View Post
    I'm so sad that Heather Morris will not be there with Slate River. : (
    Why not?

Just a couple more weeks until the closing date, so probably start seeing a lot of updates soon. We are waiting on sending our entry to see if getting across the pond for Badminton is a possibility, if not we will be there with our grey monster as well. Stupid money and having to actually pay for stuff!

Slate River is one of my favorites...I was VERY bummed when Heather told me

OMG Laine Ashker is on the list.

Pass the popcorn....
    "Fifteen minutes of excellent work is better than an hour and a half of wandering aimlessly around." -Col. Bengt Ljundquist

Does Laine have an Advanced horse this year?
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Our entry is ready to put in the mail tomorrow. That's the easy part!

Thumbs up that's the truth!!!!!

Our entry is ready to put in the mail tomorrow. That's the easy part!
    breeder of Mercury!

remember to enjoy the moment, and take a moment to enjoy and give God the glory for these wonderful horses in our lives.BECAUSE: LIFE is What Happens While Making Other Plans

Thumbs up wouldn't this be great?

Quote Originally Posted by mjrtango93 View Post
    Just a couple more weeks until the closing date, so probably start seeing a lot of updates soon. We are waiting on sending our entry to see if getting across the pond for Badminton is a possibility, if not we will be there with our grey monster as well. Stupid money and having to actually pay for stuff!
    Wouldn't it be nice if EE, inc. could sell enough in tickets and broadcasting rights, , that, entries could be offered free to those who, qualified?
    breeder of Mercury!

The people that get to compete, and well heck! The people that just get to even experience that event first hand are SUPER lucky!

Im very excited for Rolex and Spring! This is the first time I am attending!

Quote Originally Posted by Carol Ames View Post
    Wouldn't it be nice if EE, inc. could sell enough in tickets and broadcasting rights, , that, entries could be offered free to those who, qualified?

The entry fee for Rolex is only $100, and the stabling and tack stalls are $20/night (to compare with KHP's normal fee of $35/night).

Rolex is actually one of the most inexpensive events in the country, I'm guessing because they have so many sponsors. To compare, I regularly send in entries of $300-$400 for a horse trials and $500-700 for FEI entries.

The Rolex entry doesn't need to be free.

Although, all of the OTHER entries needed to qualify (Fair Hill, Jersey Fresh) are super expensive. Try making those free or cheaper first.

Good luck to your daughter, Pegasusmom!'

(And I'm also very sad that Heather Morris, my assistant trainer, will be unable to compete the RoeBoat at Rolex. She's worked very hard for this and she's gotten some unlucky breaks on both her top horses. Hopefully Yoda will clear to come back into work soon.)

The Rolex entry isn't the expensive part for us, its the getting there and back and all the time away. I always love looking in the omnibus and seeing $100 for an entry fee, right now just horse trials here are basically $500.

Just got my tickets in the mail yesterday-really looking forward to it and keeping fingers crossed for good weather and safe trips!

Does Laine have an Advanced horse this year?
    She's entered in Rolex on Anthony Patch so I'm thinking so.

Exclamation WOW1

[quote=mjr
    I could never afford to do it now, even with sleeping in the stall./ trailer; I’m glad I did it when I did!

$500.[/quote]

The Rolex entry isn't the expensive part for us, its the getting there and back and all the time away. I always love looking in the omnibus and seeing $100 for an entry fee, right now just horse trials here are basically
    breeder of Mercury!

Exclamation WOW1

I could never afford to do it now, even with sleeping in the stall./ trailer; I’m glad I did it when I did!

$500.[/quote]

The Rolex entry isn't the expensive part for us, its the getting there and back and all the time away. I always love looking in the omnibus and seeing $100 for an entry fee, right now just horse trials here are basically
    breeder of Mercury!

Default inexpensive

Rolex is also inexpensive (in terms of charges/fees) for attendees. I am ever grateful to be able to afford Rolex (as a spectator) b/c I can't afford the WEG...
    http://behindthebitblog.com
    Dressage, riding, sport horse blog
    BTBbrowbands.com
    Unique browbands for dressage and hunter riders

Is Rolex one of the WEG qualifiers for eventing?

I wondered why Buck Davidson did not have My Boy Bobby entered?