The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default HELP!! Trailer Repair Expert Advice Needed!

I bought a used 1998 Logan Competitor (2 horse bumper pull) which I sent to be sand blasted and repainted last week. It was in pretty good to condition except an area around the windows that had some rust. Well I just spoke with the guy doing the work and he said I was going to need someone to shore up the area around the windows as the sand blasting had deteriorated it and I'd need it fixed (probably by a welder).

Here is a link to pictures of the trailer windows (not mine but exactly like mine) and you can see the type of windows it has.

http://www.pbase.com/granitehillsdesign/image/49175673

I called the Logan manufacturer and asked if replacement windows were available, but they are not as they do not make this model any longer.

It's a great trailer

http://www.pbase.com/granitehillsdesign/logan2hbp

and I am lucky to have found one as I was able to get it dirt cheap, but how do I deal with the windows?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! TIA!!!

You need to say where you are located...or where the trailer is ....
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

They are called Bus windows.

Try Fank DiBella Horse Trailer Sales, Sheridan Lane, Pottstown PA

Also measure the windows and check out Hawke they look like the same windos installed.

Franks place re-tro's, repairs and also customizes trailers and vans. He most liely will have or can get you the window.

Default Location

You need to say where you are located...or where the trailer is ....
    Sorry, I'm in Texas. My trailer is in the Katy/Brookshire/Fulshear area about 36 miles west of Houston.

I'll second and say Frank Dibella. He may be able to help you out even though you are far away....worth a phone call anyway.
    "A little less chit-chat a little more pitter-pat"

SueCoo- My mom has a Logan Competitor which she just loves (and have had since 1998) BUT those double walls hold moisture. She just took it in to be looked at and they had to tear down the walls around the horse part and look at the frame. It was rusted out because the windows leaked the water down the double walls and the insulation held the moisture. Now, she has to replace the frame and several other MAJOR parts of the trailer.

Just FYI, maybe your guy can look at it just to check.

I have a Logan but it is single walled and has not had the deterioration that mom's had.
    4..3..2..1...Have a nice ride!!!

Default Update!

I picked up the trailer this weekend I can't say enough good things about Wayne and his son who did the work on my trailer. They did an awesome job! Here are the before and after pictures.

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v496/suecoo/

If anyone in the Houston/Galveston/Crosby area needs work done, please consider using them. They did an outstanding job. Here is their website and contact information.

http://www.affordablemaintenancesvc.com/