The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default How does the hair get IN MY BRA?!

I wear a shirt, and a sweatshirt and a coat for Pete's sake...how does the flipping horse hair get INSIDE of my bra through all of those layers????
    Founding Member of "I Kept 'Off Topic Day!' Open"

I have that problem with both hair and hay. Maybe it's the boobs fault.
    Where Norwegian Fjords Rule
    http://www.ironwood-farm.com

I think it works it's way through the clothes. Although considering the amount I find in my bra...maybe not.

I still can't figure out how hay gets in there in winter when I have layers and a turtleneck on.
    You jump in the saddle,
    Hold onto the bridle!
    Jump in the line!
    ...Belefonte

It is amazing where horse hair can end up, either during clipping season or the spring shedding season. A few years ago, after clipping a number of horses, I felt what I thought was a pimple inside my nose. A day or two later, there was a pimple on the outside of my nose too. I had to squish it (yuck, I know), and out came a horsehair that had worked its way straight through my nostril, from one side to the other. Yuck, yuck, yuck. If horse hairs are determined enough to do that, it's no wonder they end up in bras!

Over the winter I had fleece sheets on the bed. I know how my hair got on the pillowcase, I know how the cat's hair got on the pillowcase, but how the heck does bright orange horse hair (cats are not orange) get on my pillow!!!

I know EXACTLY how your head hair ends up in your bra...when you pull your shirt over your head, a loose hair will follow. It always ends up tickling either your back or your cleavage.

Do you have hay in your hair when you get dressed?

I have the same problem with alfalfa leaves getting in underwear, even in the winter, thru several layers of clothes.

I think that is one of the mysteries of this world that will never be solved.

My freshman year of college my non-horsey roommate found hair from a horse that is not mine in her clothes. That one still getes me.
    The Procrastinators Anonymous meeting has been postponed again.

Ah, shedding season...
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

Haha! My son learned the hard way yesterday to keep his mouth closed while close to my mare! He said it tastes yucky
    "A horse is an Angel without wings"

Osmosis.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

Quote Originally Posted by kookicat View Post
    Osmosis.
    Oho! Very true. That's why it only works one direction too... in, not out.

I had a funny/awkward situation with horse hair once... my boyfriend was giving me a hug, and he came up with a bunch of horse hair. One was about human sized, and red (my horse is chestnut). He got all bent out of shape because he thought it was another guy's hair. No, just my horse... my other BF lol.
    Different flavors of crazy, but totally NUTS. You know its true. - GreyHunterHorse

http://showertimecontemplations.blogspot.com/

well, however its getting in, for sure the bra is trapping it there. So let the girls fly free and the hair will fall right through your shirt...

...into your underwear.
    "The Threat of Internet Ignorance: ... we are witnessing the rise of an age of equestrian disinformation, one where a trusting public can graze on nonsense packaged to look like fact."-LRG-AF

I remember my hairdresser telling me about "hair splinters" so I can totally believe that story about the hair in the nostril! So gross, but true! Hair has some weird way of working itself through your clothes. After I get a hair cut I always have little hairs everywhere no matter how covered up I was!

Quote Originally Posted by Small Change View Post
    I had to squish it (yuck, I know), and out came a horsehair that had worked its way straight through my nostril, from one side to the other.
    EEEWWW!

This is the funniest thread EVER!!! Yes, horse hair, hay, dirt, etc...
    Too funny!!! In fact my husband just commented on it yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by KateKat View Post
    I remember my hairdresser telling me about "hair splinters" so I can totally believe that story about the hair in the nostril! So gross, but true! Hair has some weird way of working itself through your clothes. After I get a hair cut I always have little hairs everywhere no matter how covered up I was!
    Yep. My dog groomer got one in her nipple. She ended up having surgery to get the hair out.
    Horse Show Names Free name website with over 6200 names. Want to add? PM me!

i once made the mistake of wearing a fleece jacket to roach the manes of five polo ponies...

those pointy little mane clippings wormed their way into my jacket and stayed there for YEARS. only now can i wear it over a short-sleeved shirt without having itchy, prickly arms. yuck!
    Proud member of the "I'm In My 20's and Hope to Be a Good Rider Someday" clique

PONY'TUDE

what I want to know is how hair gets in there AFTER a shower and clothes change
    There's coffee in that nebula.