The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Godspeed, Cassius!

Susan Hofman Peacock's grand old man Cassius went to his final reward at the amazing age of 33. A lot of So Cal people remember him, and he touched so many hearts. Godspeed, Bubba!
    EDDIE WOULD GO

Godspeed, Cassius!!
    one oak, lots of canyons

http://horsesportnews.wordpress.com/

Hugs to those who are hurting at the loss, but also congratulations on their contributions to a life well lived. RIP Cassius.
    "One person's cowboy is another person's blooming idiot" -- katarine

Spay and neuter. Please.

Here is Cassius:

http://www.dressagepeacock.com/

He will be truly missed. I didn't know him long but knew the bond Susie had with him. He will be missed and it will be empty walking into that barn without hearing his whinny.

Oh no...he was such a wonderful horse. Competitive through Grand Prix in his younger years; taught lots of little kids in his old age and still did the upper level work for YR's in clinics. My heart out to all those at Hidden River.

susan peacock Guest

Default Cassius/Bubba

Please visit my web site and click on Cassius' photo to read a message! dressagepeacock.com

It is very rare to have such a good friend and share him with so many! Cassius taught me, I taught him and we taught my students. In his last show he received a 67%(second level), 7 on his gaits and a 9 on his halt!! And he was 32 years old!!!

His biggest claim to fame was how he touched everyone who met him. If you met him, you have a "cassius story". He could teach an itty bitty kid one day and work piaffe/passage the next.I have gotten so many phone calls this week telling tales of his generosity. His 'kids' have called from down the street to Copenhaugen.
    Thank you to all who have emailed, facebooked, texted, called and stopped by with flowers. I am overwhelmed by the love that we all had for my wonderful horse.
    Thank you all for letting me share him with you all!!!
    Suzie Hoffman Peacock

What a special horse. He will be missed.

RIP CASSIUS. Thoughts and prayers for all who loved this Grand Gentleman. Hugs for his owner Susan Peacock.
    Zu Zu Bailey " IT"S A WONDERFUL LIFE !"

My daughter had the honor of riding Cassius when she was about seven years old. He was a saint and taught her how to ask for things correctly. He was so balanced. My daughter learned to canter on him. Susie let us take him to some h/j shows so my daughter could do flat classes on him I am sure he was thinking "why are all these other horses in thing show ring with me?" He was one of those one in a million horses that are very rare. He will be missed.

Horsiegal Guest

Cassius was a wonderful horse with a big heart and a steady head. I carry the things I learned from him in my heart and feel privileged to have been a part of his life. He loved his mints and always had fresh breath!