The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Lucinda Green (TB Saddlery) Saddle

Anyone have one of these? I'm looking at one as an extra hacking saddle for the greenies-plus it looks like it would be great for those with a longer femur. Would love to know the good, the bad, the ugly. How is the balance?
    Also- how does the regular tree fit? From what I could tell in the pictures I saw of this particular one, it looked a smidge narrow and the channel certainly looked narrower (or maybe it was just the angle)?
    Oh, and do they have knee rolls? Or just the padded flaps?

I used to have one (the x-c version), but sold it years ago. It was a great saddle with quite a forward leg flap, and a medium sized knee roll. Mine was a medium tree and fit like most other medium trees that I've used. I don't remember how narrow the gullet was, but my horse liked the saddle, so it couldn't have been too narrow.

I have one and I love it! Most notably, it has a narrow twist which I need. It is great for those with a long femur and its nice to go short enough in the stirrups without my knees going over the front of the flaps.

Mine is a regular (or medium) tree and it fits my OTTB great! Sorry, haven't tried it on any other horses. The flaps on mine are smooth, slightly padded leather and there is a little knee roll (bigger than pencil-size) under the flap.

Probably the biggest deciding factor for the saddle will be if you like a narrow twist. If so, go for it - its a great saddle!

aksohmer Guest

I have one for sale if you don't end up with that one! Its the badmington xc version, 17 in seat, med-narrow tree, in great condition!! Its havana brown, billets were replaced a couple years ago, its really a great saddle. I looooved this saddle when i was riding a thoroughbred, fits horses with high withers really well.