The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Knike - I promise I will buy lottery tickets today....and I am telling you if I win - you get a horse! Of course you will need to contact me at my newly purchased mountain home in Montana....(a girl can dream). I am really proud of you for doing the right thing - that is just such a rare thing these days and it totally restores my faith in people.

I will post the pics of Calvin as soon as you send them.

"There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." - kb's cat

Kris, I have a friend in Seattle...She is not a horse person, but she is a nurse practitioner and is mad about animals and people doing the right thing and people getting what they deserve....If you want to pass along more details, I am SURE we cyber-pals could find your horse.

How exciting! I'm so happy that Calvin is home again. But ow, it seems, our work is not done, here. there's still a horse that needs to be tracked down. Can we do it?

less hard work, more fine dining.
    www.dancinglawnhorses.com

If guys can do it, how hard can it be?
    LESS HARD WORK, MORE FINE DINING!™
    complicate, obfuscate, prevaricate.

Kris, what you did brings tears to my eyes. You are a wonderful person, never never forget that. We all thank you so very much for your wonderful selfless deed. Gosh, if there is anything we can do to help you get your mare back, please, let us know. I would love for there to be 2 happy endings here. there are sooooo many people here who are willing to help in any way possible. What can we do?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amy
    Owned by:
    Cute as a Bugsear (Bugs) JC OTTTB (Isella x Annie Somebody)
    Pippen (Frodo) ATA Anglo Trakehner (Paramoure x Cute as a Bugsear)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

Kris, can you please post a photo (or link) of your mare? Can a premium member post the photo for her? I'm in the area and don't mind keeping my eyes open.

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Hey there, thought I'd give you an update on Calvin and the "case".

He's doing alright. We have him on beet pulp, rice bran, probiotics and senior plus all the good Eastern Oregon grass hay we can stuff down him. He is in a "come as you please" stall and run, next to his "girls". (he's the only boy with a harem of 5 mares--surely heaven). He seems sound, and still hates to be brushed or blanketed. I put him in a Wug and he seems warm enough, but the East winds are really whipping this morning (steady at 35 mph, gusts to 50--gotta love the Columbia River Gorge!).

On the legal front, the State Ag investigator called again, and we are proceeding with the case against her. He did warm me that the Whatcom Co. Prosecutor will more than likely not take the case. She traded Calvin for Knike's mare, and no $$ changed hands, but she did profit, and that was a condition the prosecutor said had to be there for a crime to have occured, so we may be lucky.

I don't think Kris wants her mare back, but we both want to see this woman charged with a crime. I'd love some compensatory damages, for damn sure. It has cost me $1100 to get him back. Merry Christmas to me. I am not sorry I went after him, it just was a touch more expensive than I anticipated. In some ways, it has made me reevalute my horsey lifestyle. I am bringing my kids home to my new farm-- giving my 3 year old some time off, and finding a new home for the mare I lease. I just can't afford 3 horses anymore.

I'll keep you all updated on the case. I know the investigator wants to talk to Kris, so I'll email her ASAP to get them together. Thanks for the continued interest! And I have started writing the article and will let you know when it is complete.

Learn from my mistake. Get a brand inspection card and photos of your horse--just in case you lose your friend!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

hey there Anna... I talk to him today all is wellhttp://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif glad to hear that boys doing okhttp://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif well i am trying to find pics of my girl..i would like to have her back...shes about 14.3hh-15hh. lever chestnut kinda color...with an abnormally big blaze..NO blue eyes..little bit of white on her girth..has three white stockings...and scars on her back legs from barb wire. when she left she had mud scratches on her legs...and she also had a banded mane and red halter. she answers to the name Diva and is extremely friendly. Its sure hard to describe a horse you don't even have anymore! So don't quote me on it! I will look for some pics right away! Thanks again guys...
    Kris

~*Save a horse, ride a cowboy*~
    ~*Save a horse, ride a cowboy*~