The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Good morning! I thought I'd start a new "Calvin comes home" thread. I have arranged transportation from Upper BC (way up BC!) for him (thank you Carla and good luck with the weather!)

Dinah-do in Aldergrove is going to let him stay with her. She is also arranging the vet appointment and paperwork nightmare that is necessary.

I can't begin to thank the family that ended up with him, (after being taken in by the theiving witch), for all the wonderful care they've given my boy.

The plan is to head up right after TGday and pick him up. I plan to hopefully publish an article about this whole saga, as well, in a PNW horse mag, so others can learn from my mistakes. The investigation continues and we will file our case (soon, I hope. It seems like we've been at this forever!) and push for criminal charges. I'll update with more as I get it.

You can send a kid to school, but you can't make 'em learn!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Windward Farm, Washougal, WA- our work in progress, our money pit, our home!

Good morning! I thought I'd start a new "Calvin comes home" thread. I have arranged transportation from Upper BC (way up BC!) for him (thank you Carla and good luck with the weather!)

Dinah-do in Aldergrove is going to let him stay with her. She is also arranging the vet appointment and paperwork nightmare that is necessary.

I can't begin to thank the family that ended up with him, (after being taken in by the theiving witch), for all the wonderful care they've given my boy.

The plan is to head up right after TGday and pick him up. I plan to hopefully publish an article about this whole saga, as well, in a PNW horse mag, so others can learn from my mistakes. The investigation continues and we will file our case (soon, I hope. It seems like we've been at this forever!) and push for criminal charges. I'll update with more as I get it.

You can send a kid to school, but you can't make 'em learn!
    Proud member of the "Don't rush to kill wildlife" clique!

Congratulations! So glad your boy is coming home, and that you have so many great people to help you out. Why not try sending your story to Practical Horseman or one of the other bigger horse magazines? I know your ordeal kept me captivated for weeks, why not send it out to a national publication? Good luck!
    "Men tended to discount the capacity of animals to enact, often with considerable panache, the foulest of crimes and the most daring stunts." --Michael Chabon

Smile! It won't mess up your hair!

Great news! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif And kudos to all of those who are assisting!

Of course we will want pics when he gets home....and I will be happy to post them!

"There are many intelligent species in the universe. Some are owned by cats." - kb's cat

calvincrowe I didn't see your other thread for a while and just saw this! Big, Giant, Major OMG you found him?????

That is completely fantastic! I am so glad for you. I too have been checking in from time to time and kept hoping for you. Thanks for posting such good news.

Terry
    "We don't ride the clock. We ride the horse." Reiner Klimke.
    http://community.webshots.com/user/arnikaelf

This sounds so much like one of those Equus real life tales. Write it up and sent it in!

Calvincrowe -- I'm the legal columnist for Towerheads, and would be glad to work with you to put together an article/column for that website, if you wish. You could author "the real life story" part and I could tie that in to the legal issues. Your name could be on it, or you could do it anonymously, if you wish. Let me know!

YAY! We MUST have an online party for him when he comes home!!!

~Steph

*Tapestry* 2000 Dutch WB mare by Contango
    Quote Originally Posted by JSwan View Post
    Prove it....Otherwise, you're just coming off as a whackjob.
    Founding member of the "Not too Klassy for Boxed Wine" Clique

I know you must be relieved to have him headed home. Congrats! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif There are happy endings!

It is not the size of the dog in the fight, it is the size of the fight in the dog.
    I'm so busy.....I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.

Alright put your big girl panties on and deal with it!

calvincrow~
    i've been following your story and keeping my fingers crossed for calvin. glad to hear he's finally coming home. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

"It appears we are being transformed from an information
    society to an informant society." Rep. Dennis Kucinich
    http://www.eponashoe.com/
    TQ(Trail Queen) \"Learn How to Ride or Move Over!!\" Clique

Yeah, Ia m so happy for you. What is the family who has him now going to do about this? Are they going to press charges? Is she going to get another horse? I am so glad there is a happy ending to this story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Amy
    Owned by:
    Cute as a Bugsear (Bugs) JC OTTTB (Isella x Annie Somebody)
    Pippen (Frodo) ATA Anglo Trakehner (Paramoure x Cute as a Bugsear)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ~Amy~ TrakehNERD clique
    *Bugs 5/86-3/10 OTTB Mare* RIP lovely Lady, I miss you
    *Frodo '03 Anglo Trakehner Gelding*
    My Facebook

LH that is a wonderful idea.

There have been too many stories like this ( and manty not with a happy ending)

Calvin Crowe I think Flying Changes ( in stride cant remember which it is) is a Great idea but I feel it should be put out to the widest possible audience as well. I think with LH at hand this looks like a major story for COTH and PH and perhaps some of the other publications like AHSA or USDF USCTA etc.

I am just Thrilled at all of this good fortune.

_\\]
    -- * > hoopoe
    The ancient Greeks did not write obituaries. They only wanted to know if you had a passion.

Just fantastic! I agree; this is a story that needs to be told and it also kept me scanning my computer several times a day. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

Founder of the Olde Farte Clique; Member of the Dented Thigh Clique http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    If it ain't tack shopping, it's a waste of time and money.
    Founder of the Olde Farte Clique

Wooohooo!!!!!

YEAH!

I agree... sounds like a story that Equus and other magazines need to get hit with! You'll hit a wider market this way AND educate more people in the process! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

*Member of the bad shoulder clique* (open surgery was 1-6-03)
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~
    Bay colt by Lacoste 5-6-03
    Trying to be Superman at 4 months
    Chevy weaned at 4.5 months
    Next to me at 6 months
    Head Shot at 6 months
    *bad shoulder clique * Member of "OMGiH, I loff my Mare" Clique! * Proud owner of a CANTER Cutie!
    My Horses; COMH Page; My Blog

That is so amazing!! Ive been following this story and this is truly a miricle - thanks to the help of many wonderful people on this barn!

Proud Member Of The Hot TB Mare, The Florida, & the Disgruntled College Student Clique
    ~~~~~~~~~

Member of the ILMD[FN]HP Clique, The Florida Clique, OMGiH I loff my mares, and the Bareback Riders clique!

Woooooohooooooooo!!! This is so exciting, I can't wait for him to come home! Hopefully in all of the excitement you'll have time for a photo op. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif And the magazine article idea is just great, I can't believe we are all reading about this as it unfolds.

**Member of the Ocularly Challenged Equine Support Group**
    **Member of the Ocularly Challenged Equine Support Group**

* JEWELS *