The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Laura wrote:
    If you look at our Charter in MD, it says in the seventh article that there are THREE directors.
    That article also says:
    “SEVENTH: The number of directors of the corporation shall be _three_ which number may be increased or decreased pursuant to the bylaws of the corporation. The name(s) of the director(s) who shall act until the first meeting or until their successors are duly chosen and qualified is/are _Margaret S. Ingles_.”

So, again – please provide a copy of the bylaws mentioned above and the BOD minutes from the first meeting mentioned above. Either the documents exist or they don’t. This isn’t a difficult thing to answer.

But, as long as you continue to pretend you don’t know that you’ve been asked to provide this documentation, I suspect the answer will continue to not come…as has been the case for over a month now.

Beth

This is turning into a 3 ring circus on two different forums. There is nobody in the AHA world who is going to believe that Peggy Ingles is a master mind of evil, a slippery manipulator of numbers b/c she has documented all her rebuttals.

I have no idea where Patience stands in this dispute - so far, she's been silent. One cannot defend a cause with faulty arguments or dead silence.

I know all the parties involved and I thought if Laura and Peggy could find common ground this battle could have been avoided - well,
    I was wrong - from where I stand, it's imploding. The instant the word COI comes into play - it's damn hard to shake that loose from people's thinking whether perceived or real. When COI was first mentioned on the ABH forum not ABN - I dismissed it - after all is said and done,
    the COI will be what sticks in everyone's mind ----- :-(

[QUOTE=ljshorses;4723828]Very well put Darlyn, right now it's all heresay and no one knows the "actual" truth. I know the program was run by Peggy for 2 years without issue so I am naturally going to wonder why now there is a problem. QUOTE]

No, Peggy did not run the program for two years. It was and is run by a BOD.
    The Inverted Y
    Anglo Arabian Sporthorses
    2005 and 2007 USEF Breeder of the Year.
    www.allanglos.net

Hundreds of half priced champion stallions
    www.SHNpayback.org

Quote Originally Posted by Grataan View Post
    OH REALLY?

Are you not Laura J. Wood of Brooksville, FL, owner of the 2009 US National Champion HA/AA SHIH Stallion SIGNAL BEY?

http://issuu.com/arabianhorseworld/d...se_nat_results view page 1, class 7 (second column towards the bottom)
    That is NOT A PAYBACK CLASS! Which is just my point. If I wanted to have this program just to benefit me, it would been as that was my ONLY in-hand class, and it was only about the third time he has ever even shown in the class.
    The Inverted Y
    www.allanglos.net

www.SHNpayback.org

[QUOTE=allanglos;4724339]
    Quote Originally Posted by ljshorses View Post
    Very well put Darlyn, right now it's all heresay and no one knows the "actual" truth. I know the program was run by Peggy for 2 years without issue so I am naturally going to wonder why now there is a problem. QUOTE]

No, Peggy did not run the program for two years. It was and is run by a BOD.
    Show the proof of this BOD with minutes of the first meeting and adopting of BY LAWS. Its a simple request.

1 members found this post helpful.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    I thought you said she resigned? So which is it, she was released, or she resigned?

WHAT BOD? The BOD was Peggy and Laura. So she voted herself off the island?

No possible way you are not following that dicsussion. I sure would be, even if it took 10 minutes to load a page, or I had to borrow someone's iphone, etc.

So it is with the MD registered non-profit?
    She did resign from all admin duties. She was released from the BOD.
    The BOD was not Peggy and myself. Is there some reason you refuse to accept that Peggy even sent out in a press release the Patience was a director of Payback?

I am not following that discussion, at all. You might have time to spend 30 minutes to load each page or more. I do not. That is why WE POSTED OUR EMAIL ADDRESS. So if anyone had any questions, they could easily ask us directly.

An iphone, are you kidding? They don't work in Kuwait.

The MD and FL organizations ARE THE SAME!
    The Inverted Y
    www.allanglos.net

www.SHNpayback.org

Okay... So what happens to 2010 customers? What if I wanted to buy a breeding to support the program? Who's ligit and who's not?

What a mess.
    www.EquusMagnificus.ca
    Breeding & Sales - Currently: Eventing & Derby prospects
    Facebook | YouTube |Twitter | LinkedIn

Quote Originally Posted by allanglos View Post
    She did resign from all admin duties. She was released from the BOD.
    Dates please.

The FL corporation has the same name as the MD corporation. It was started on Jan 3rd, a full week before I said I would be stepping down from day-to-day duties. Here is the copy of the Articles http://sunbiz.org/pdf/63751864.pdf

It is a completely separate entity. Call here and ask 850/245-6052.

The FL corporation does not have IRS non-profit status. The IRS has confirmed that the MD corporation's non-profit status can not be transferred to or shared by the FL corporation. Call them and ask: 877/829-5500.

I doubt seriously that the Secretary of State in MD would get involved if there wasn't a violation occurring here. They are busy people.

Peggy Ingles
    pegasus44@verizon.net
    410/823-5579

Okay, here's what confuses me.

Laura has set up an organization in Florida. Okay, fine, she's entitled.

The original organization, according to Peggy, has only two BOD members, herself and Laura. (I'm not interested in the press release Laura keeps bringing up; a press release is not meeting minutes or voting records.)

So... Peggy, how can you continue to run the MD organization when its BOD consists of only you and Laura, and you both need to agree before one can leave or anyone else can be added?

It's pretty clear to *me*, having read both threads, who's got a firm grip on reality, but I'm unclear on the above. (And grateful, suddenly, that none of my stallion's get have yet been shown to a qualifying level, so this is only an academic question for me.)
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

ambar - I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you are asking.

I'm asking, how can you, Peggy, continue to run the original MD organization, with just you and Laura on the BOD of that organization, if the two of you can't come to agreement on anything respecting the original organization?

You need to agree on bylaws if you're to have any, you need to agree on a third director if you're to have one, and I'm guessing neither of these is likely to happen soon (my sympathies), so how can the MD organization remain a going concern?
    Quote Originally Posted by HuntrJumpr
    No matter what level of showing you're doing, you are required to have pants on.

OK, I am not finished reviewing some things, but did Laura really say that the email for payback should go to all "directors", and that all should be able to respond? What kind of paranoid, non-professional system is this?!?!

Oh, my, that is just scary! Could anyone actually think that could work?

2 members found this post helpful.

Here is the vote from Patience. We had already noted Peggy's vote to remain on the BOD. We had also discussed the situation on the phone.

BODMonday, February 1, 2010 7:53 PM
    From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "Patience Prine Carr" <Patience4444@cruzio.com>

> I would like confirmation from you, via email, that Peggy is voted out of the BOD
    > I would like your vote on including Nicole on the BOD.
    > Thanks.
    > Laura

> Subject: Re: BOD
    > To: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>
    > Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:10 PM

I
    > tried to find the post the she did on ABN about how she was
    > resigning but couldn't find it.She now says she isn't resigning
    > only not being the treasurer but still on the BOD -but if you can
    > find her post it basically says that she is resigning from
    > everything until you can find someone else. Nicole sounds great
    > and has done a wonderful job on the website-it is much quicker now!
    > Patience

Re: BODMonday, February 1, 2010 8:29 PM
    From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>
    laura wood wrote:
    Is that a "yes"? I don't want to make a mistake and assume.

Monday, February 1, 2010 8:37 PM
    From: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>View contact detailsTo: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>Yes I will vote yes. Every time she sends me an email it has an attachment that wants notification that I received the email and then when i forward it on it has another attachment saying something strange that the email contains some sort of other encrodement.????
    The Inverted Y
    www.allanglos.net

www.SHNpayback.org

I wonder that myself. Laura has not, for some time, responded to my emails.

I have no problem finishing this year in a professional manner - I don't have to like her or her methods - but there must be communication. It takes a reasonable person to be able to reason with, but, as you can see, we don't have that here.

I have been trying and trying to get her to agree to a 5 person BOD. She doesn't want that because "no one will ever agree on anything."

A totally new corporation would have to be started in the future for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Fairview Horse Center View Post
    OK, I am not finished reviewing some things, but did Laura really say that the email for payback should go to all "directors", and that all should be able to respond? What kind of paranoid, non-professional system is this?!?!

Oh, my, that is just scary! Could anyone actually think that could work?
    It works just fine. This way everyone is up to date on all activities of Payback and everyone can pick up a duty if someone else is unable to. We are all equally prepared to continue the duties to keep Payback running. Before, if Peggy got ill or something else should have happened, we would be dead in the water as no one had any visibility on the day to day activities.
    The Inverted Y
    www.allanglos.net

www.SHNpayback.org

Quote Originally Posted by allanglos View Post
    Here is the vote from Patience. We had already noted Peggy's vote to remain on the BOD. We had also discussed the situation on the phone.

BODMonday, February 1, 2010 7:53 PM
    From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "Patience Prine Carr" <Patience4444@cruzio.com>

> I would like confirmation from you, via email, that Peggy is voted out of the BOD
    > I would like your vote on including Nicole on the BOD.
    > Thanks.
    > Laura

> Subject: Re: BOD
    > To: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>
    > Date: Monday, February 1, 2010, 8:10 PM

I
    > tried to find the post the she did on ABN about how she was
    > resigning but couldn't find it.She now says she isn't resigning
    > only not being the treasurer but still on the BOD -but if you can
    > find her post it basically says that she is resigning from
    > everything until you can find someone else. Nicole sounds great
    > and has done a wonderful job on the website-it is much quicker now!
    > Patience

Re: BODMonday, February 1, 2010 8:29 PM
    From: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>View contact detailsTo: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>
    laura wood wrote:
    Is that a "yes"? I don't want to make a mistake and assume.

Monday, February 1, 2010 8:37 PM
    From: "C&P CARR" <patience4444@cruzio.com>View contact detailsTo: "laura wood" <allanglos@yahoo.com>Yes I will vote yes. Every time she sends me an email it has an attachment that wants notification that I received the email and then when i forward it on it has another attachment saying something strange that the email contains some sort of other encrodement.????
    Show us where Patience was voted in as a BOD. And would you please actually answer the questions that have been directed to you with valid answers showing the proof behind them. All this skirting around the issue just muddies up the waters.

Quote Originally Posted by pegasus44 View Post
    I wonder that myself. Laura has not, for some time, responded to my emails.

I have no problem finishing this year in a professional manner - I don't have to like her or her methods - but there must be communication. It takes a reasonable person to be able to reason with, but, as you can see, we don't have that here.

I have been trying and trying to get her to agree to a 5 person BOD. She doesn't want that because "no one will ever agree on anything."

A totally new corporation would have to be started in the future for sure.
    Peggy, you and I both KNOW that WE discussed the best way to have the BOD, and WE decided on three people and WE decided on the third being Patience, and WE then submitted for the Charter with three. Why you put only your name down on the charter as a director is a mystery to me. You knew at the time there were three and who they were. If this charter is your arguement for Patience not being on the BOD, then I am not on it either as I am not listed on the charter, which was submitted AFTER we had our Board of Directors. So, which is it, three or just you? Because according to the charter, your statements that it was just two of us on the BOD is false if this charter is your proof.
    The Inverted Y
    www.allanglos.net

www.SHNpayback.org

Maryland Code Title 2, Subtitle 4, Subsection 2-404 ELECTION AND TENURE OF DIRECTORS

(a) Initial directors.- Until successors are elected and qualify, the board of directors consists of the individuals named as directors in the charter.

Maryland Code Title 2, Subtitle 4, Subsection 2-409 MEETINGS OF DIRECTORS
    (a) Place of meeting; remote communication.- Unless the bylaws of the corporation provide otherwise, a regular or special meeting of the board of directors may be held at any place in or out of the State or by means of remote communication.

(b) Notice of meeting.-

(1) Notice of each meeting of the board of directors shall be given as provided in the bylaws.

(2) Unless the bylaws provide otherwise, the notice:

(i) Shall be in writing or delivered by electronic transmission; and

(ii) Need not state the business to be transacted at or the purpose of any regular or special meeting of the board of directors.

And, as we all know, there are no by-laws nor was there an election.

Quote Originally Posted by stripes View Post
    Show us where Patience was voted in as a BOD. And would you please actually answer the questions that have been directed to you with valid answers showing the proof behind them. All this skirting around the issue just muddies up the waters.
    Hey, you asked for proof that Patience voted and that it wasn't just me removing Peggy. What else do you want?
    The Inverted Y
    www.allanglos.net

www.SHNpayback.org