The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Does anyone know an Ashley Cayce in NC, formerly in NJ?

She is a newer, young trainer in the Fayetteville NC area, seems very nice, and seems to have a good background with horses. Would like to know if any COTHers have any experience/knowledge of her.

Any infomation / reviews of her program would be great.

PM me.

Thanks in advance!

ETA: Met her, lessoned with her, think she is great!
    Last edited by naters; Aug. 4, 2010 at 04:50 PM.
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

NCHunterJump Guest

Default RE: Ashley Cayce

I have to say that I was very disappointed with her. She seems to be lacking the foundation skills that I would expect of someone at an A level. Just my personal opinion

Hi guys, I'm new here, I had to sign up to respond to this topic. Sorry to bring up an old topic but I just had to ask, NCHunterJump, can you be more specific about your experience with Ashley? Did you take a lesson with her, and what disappointed you?

I'm curious because I've been riding with Ashley for about 8 months now and I feel that my riding has improved greatly in that time period. She is certainly dedicated and professional. As far as I can tell, she's one of the best H/J instructors in the Fayetteville area. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing?

Thanks!

I went to college with her. I always thought she was a good rider and a nice person.
    Seig Heil Polo Shirt!

Quote Originally Posted by Pirateer View Post
    I went to college with her. I always thought she was a good rider and a nice person.
    Ditto. Good rider, conscientious horse person. I have and would again trust my horse in her care. I boarded at the same self care facility as her in college and she was one of my go-to people if I had an issue.

Default When training in NJ

Ashley was a trainer in NJ who attended my horse shows with her students. She rode well and always did a very good job with her clients She was very professional and conscientious with all students. She had quite a few customers and everyone seemed to be quite happy with her. I was sorry to see her leave the area. I would expect her to do a good job where ever she has relocated.

Okay, I'm glad it seems most people feel the same way I do

kuet2133 Guest

I agree...I currently ride with Ashley and have for over a year now. I think I am lucky to have found her down here. My riding has improved so much in the past year along with my confidence. She is definately one of the best trainers in the area if not the best!

Wow! I just found this (I had forgotten I had posted it).

Off of a positive rec from a friend, I met Ashley, and was VERY impressed, and have since lessoned with her, left my horses in her care (I am a NEUROTIC about horse care, and totally trusted her), and have had her put many training rides on my boys.

I would say that I was very lucky to stumble upon her!! LOVE her.

I have lived in Aiken and Ocala and have trained with some awesome trainers, and a BNT (he was close by and took pitty on my lower-lever-hunter-self!) and I am just as impressed with Ashley, if not more so. I was quite suprised to find ANYone in Fayetteville of her caliber. Southern Pines is close to us, but to avoid having to haul 45 minutes is awesome!

So a glowing recommendation from me.

I would say the only reason for someone not to like her is because she is skinny and pretty (if I didnt know her I could hate her for that!!!)
    FREE TACK/APPAREL ADS: BITS AND BARTER BOARD: http://bitsandbarter.proboards.com/i...ay&thread=5450

Quote Originally Posted by FancyJumper View Post
    she's one of the best H/J instructors in the Fayetteville area. I'm just wondering if there's something I'm missing?

Thanks!

I am pretty sure she is the *only* HJ in Fayetteville. At least she is the only "real" HJ trainer in Fayetteville that I have come in contact with (and I have known most all of the horse folks here for a loooong time).

I had nice contacts give me recommendations in Southern Pines and lessoned out there for a while when I first moved here before finding Ashley, and I am more than happy to stay in the Fayetteville area to ride with her! I feel like she is definitely a young trainer that is on her way up up up.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHunterJump View Post
    I have to say that I was very disappointed with her. She seems to be lacking the foundation skills that I would expect of someone at an A level. Just my personal opinion

Now that I know Ashley, I feel like this was a very interesting post to be your first and only post...

I smell a troll...

I don't have any particular interest in this issue (other than I live in NC), but wanted to say it's great that naters came back and posted with her experience, in case others are googling this trainer!
    ...somewhere between the talent and the potato....