The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Dutch Meeting

Hey you all, I just received the Dutch Meeting update.
    Sounds like it is going to be another Winner!!. Can't wait to get out of this SNOW! Who else is going?

IN THIS ISSUE
    Friday - DRESSAGE DAY
    Saturday - JUMPER DAY
    QUICK LINKS
    REGISTER NOW

http://kwpn-na.org/home.php

CAN'T MAKE IT?

Let us know why, so we can work to better serve you in the future. Drop a line to:
    MC@kwpnna.orgMC@kwpn-na.org
    KWPN-NA STAR STUDDED MEETING ~UPDATED DETAILS~

CALLING ALL KWPN-NA Breeders, Riders, Trainers, Owners!

Not sure if you're coming?

Read on for more info we hope will grab you!

Haven't signed up yet? Go to:

www.kwpn-na.org/home.php

Just $200. After today (26th) add an extra $50

Friday - DRESSAGE DAY

HEY YOU DRESSAGE BREEDERS!

The 2010 KWPN Stallion Show Championship Ring saw five dressage stallions brought together for a final review and Champion designee. How did these five work their way to the top of the dressage group?

The 2010 KWPN Stallion Show Championship Ring saw five jumper stallions brought together for a final review and Champion designee. How did these five work their way to the top of the jumper group?

Ari Hamoen THE HEAD OF THE STALLION SELECTION COMMITEE will share with you the videos, observations and reasons for the Committee's selection. This is his first trip ever to NA....and, breeders/owners/riders, he is presenting just for YOU!

1600 young stallions were previewed in November. Mr. Hamoen will instruct and enlighten you on the multi-viewing process the KWPN Stallion Committee used to arrive at their conclusions which sent these 10 young stallions to their respective championship rings in February.

These selected stallions will shape the next generation of KWPN horses. Can you breeders afford to miss this?! Can you afford to miss learning the genetic appraisal notes on individuals throughout each pedigree - the unique qualities each can contribute to your future foals!

This opportunity can NOT be found in any magazine or on any web-site. This is happening only at the KWPN-NA Annual Meeting!

But wait!, That's not all!!

Bart Henstra, the KWPN-NA's Jury member from Holland, is bringing for us -IN ENGLISH! (novel idea, that!) the charts of breeding traits the approved stallions are contributing to their offspring (gathered and collated from the linear scoresheets of all inspected offspring) This is like getting the Key to the City of Breeding Heaven. Bart will take us through the charts, show how to read and use them in our breeding - and (not to be overlooked) training - programs. Bart also will enlighten us on the work being done on testing/evaluating for temperament in a breeding program. Can you afford to miss this???

.....and there's MORE!

Dr. Deborah Harrison will bring us all up to date on the very latest from the American Association of Equine Practioners, with a special focus on breeding news.

Johan Knaap, Director of the KWPN will give an overview of the past year and the future of the KWPN and its members and horses. Note: We're all a part of THAT review and planning. Learn the focus of the future of our organizations.

Irene Wolfs, KWPN Marketing, Public Relations and Foreign Department Coordinator will tell, with good humor and great English, the accomplishments and goals for ALL of us about the marketing of our Dutch Horses worldwide.

If that were not enough to entice you,,,the afternoon brings super dressage horses at Michael Barrisone's farm. Michael (USA reserve rider for the Hong Kong Olympics) will conduct a 'dressage lesson' with a current Grand Prix winning Licensed KWPN-NA stallion!

(Lastly, don't forget to make the dinner and silent auction Saturday night where a chance at lessons from Steffan Peters, Debbie Macdonald, Leslie Reid and Willy Arts will be items for bidding, as well as stallion breedings, and a dressage arena just to name a few.)

NO WAY, can you miss this!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Saturday - JUMPER DAY

HEY YOU JUMPER BREEDERS!

First - read the first paragraphs in the Dressage section. - THEN -back to this one.

Paul Hendriks. "Who?", you may ask.

For some in North America, this name is unknown. Come join the 'knowing'. Paul and his brother, Emile, are of the European acclaimed "Hendriks" family, well-known for their riding, training, and breeding accomplishments. Brother Emile - European & World Championships plus Olympic Games and FEI Jumping Committee. Brother Paul, business-end of Stal Hendrix as well as breeder, and member of Board of Directors of KWPN. Mr. Hendriks attends shows, large and small, selecting horses for pairing with riders worldwide. As a breeder, his horses have been 'under the saddles' of Laura Kraut, Ian Millar, Jessica Kurten, Markus Fuchs to name a few.

So - what is he going to share with you? Merely, how to select quality breeding stock to produce a grand prix jumper! The schedule followed preparing a young stallion for the Hengstenkeuring (the KWPN Stallion Selection Show) - to include training, feeding, preparation methods. Overall training of young jumping horses...and from his tremendous experience at Stal Hendrix - how to market those youngsters. Oh,,,,in case THAT isn't enough,,,training and evaluating a young horse in the free-jumping chute.

Regardless of your breeding disciplines - Can you afford to miss all that????

Need more from Paul Hendrix and his expertise? Bring your sunscreen and hats. Paul and Bart Henstra will conduct an 'up close and personal workshop on evaluating free jumping plus under saddle work. This segment will be held at the farm of Julis Harrison-Lee and will feature top jumpoing horses and a world-famous rider.

Saturday night is the banquet with the Silent Auction mentioned above. (Add to those items: stays in guest cottages - one east coast, one west coast, a set of radiographs for the elite predicate!!!, horse tack , logoed clothing, jewelry, pottery, and more! Shine up those checks and credit cards!

Sunday

For those who can stay an extra day, Laura Kraut, Olympic gold medalist, will give us a course-walk on the the course of the $75,000 Grand Prix at the FTI Winter Equestrian Festival. In addition, Paul Hendrix will give live commentary about the horses and jumping styles/abilities during the grand prix.

ALLL THIS FOR ONLY $200! Once again go to Go to:

www.kwpn-na.org/home.php

GO TO EXPEDIA, HOTWIRE, TRAVELOCITY, PRICELINE, GREYHOUND - OR THE NEAREST FREEWAY WITH YOUR THUMB OUT HEADING SOUTH! BE THERE!

Still can't make it??? We'd love to know the whys and wherefores...so we can better accommodate you next time.

Drop a note to the member's committee at: MC@kwpn-na.org

Sample answers?
    "It's the economy, stupid."
    "Too far for cheap flights."
    "Personal reasons."
    "KWPN Stallion Show vs. KWPN-NA meeting, Stallion show got me this year."

"Need money to buy semen"

Sincerely,

Silvia Monas
    KWPN-NA

KWPN-NA | 609 E. Central | PO Box O | Sutherlin | OR | 97479

Smile

Wish I could go, but will be on foal watch. Maybe others are in the same boat? Perhaps we should think about moving up the date of this event so everyone is free to attend? Just a suggestion.....

I just got the newsletter as well and was pleased to see that a picture of our Ahme was used :-) I can't wait, I'm returning from England just in time for the meeting with a photographer in tow!
    Last edited by RyuEquestrian; Feb. 27, 2010 at 07:52 PM.
    Ryu Equestrian & Facebook Page
    Sakura Hill Farm & Facebook Page
    Boarding, Training, Consignment Sales & Breeding
    Osteen & Gainesville, Florida.

The Dressage part will definitely be fun- we are going to move all of our Dutch horses to Michael's for the day (I'm at the barn next door where there are five more Dutch horses)... Some pretty cool bloodlines will be represented and we will hang their names, pedigrees and ages from the stall fronts- including Gribaldi, Krack C, Rousseau, Farrington, Idocus, Inspekteur, Uniform, Jazz and more! Also a number of "jumper" bred superstars in Michael's barn- many coming from Voltaire lines.

I'm really looking forward to the meeting- Olivier will be doing a demonstration- we'll do a lesson with Michael and I also know many of the other dutch horses will be being ridden during the time people are there!

Airline ticket - check
    Hotel reservation - check
    Meeting sign-up - check
    . . . and most importantly, passport - check

so barring weather complications with travel, I will be there.
    Mind you, I could have easily checked off a couple of reasons on the list in the letter of why I wouldn't (shouldn't) be attending. But this time of year, I really need a break.

Judy, you and the others in Pa, NH, Va, and surrounding areas definitely need a break from winter!!
    Martha Haley - NeverSayNever Farm
    2009 KWN-NA Breeder of the Year/Silver Level Breeder
    www.angelfire.com/ns2/our_horses/
    https://www.facebook.com/pages/Never...01844536521951

It sounds so wonderful! Wish I could go, but winter - early spring is just not a good time for me to get away from the farm. Just too much of a chance of weather related problems that I have to solve.

Smile Count me in!

Count me in!

Can't wait....Especially since our Homebred stallion Zenith Ster (Indoctro Pref.X Nova Keur(full sister to Judgement ISF)) will be one of the Demo horses! He flew in from the UK just for the occassion!<G> A surprise is in store as well .....

Can't wait to see all of my friends from far and wide ..... Martha, I am SO glad that you are coming all the way from NS!!!!!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ZENITH_BELGUIMJUMP.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	68.2 KB 
ID:	28359  
    Sporting Chance Farm/Dr Carlos and Karin Jimenez
    Breeders of International Quality KWPN Horses
    2006 KWPN-NA Breeders of the Year/2006 Res CH USDF DSHB Breeders Year
    www.sportingchancefarm.com

You guys are killing me! Wish I could take the time away from the farm to attend in Florida. Hope all those attending will write and keep us informed here!

The meeting will be awesome. A great chance to see outstanding horses, riders and trainers. Look forward to seeing everyone.

Default Dutch Meeting

Just a thought, I just found out that it is now possible to sing up on a per day basis. In the event that you can only make it to the Jumping day or the Dressage day, you don't have to sign up for the whole meeting.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshua's Mom View Post
    Just a thought, I just found out that it is now possible to sing up on a per day basis. In the event that you can only make it to the Jumping day or the Dressage day, you don't have to sign up for the whole meeting.
    That is a good option if you can't devote the entire weekend! The program sounds like it is going to be really educational. I wish I was in the area, I'm sure it will be a fun way to spend a day!