The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default Can anyone tell me anything about this TB's pedigree?

http://www.pedigreequery.com/romany+road

I know nothing of TB lines, can anyone tell me anything about this mare's breeding? Thanks!

There was a Circle of Steel gelding around here a number of years ago -- seems like he was a pretty decent horse. Noholme is a nice sport line and was his son, Nodouble. RAN gets some decent h/j, but can be a bit tough sometimes or soundness issues, but probably not an issue here with 2 generations back and not doubled up. The Fingerling mare has Phalanx and Mahmoud 2nd generation, nice horses, but getting far back. On the distaff end, Bolero is always a good one to have, descending from Eight Thirty a known sport producer. Also showing Princequillo and Double Jay in the dam's topline, nice for sport also. On the very bottom you have Bull Dog (sire of Bull Lea) descending from Teddy and Plucky Liege, all foundation sportlines. Bald Eagle x Nasrullah is the grandsire of such notables as Exceller, Baldski and Capote. Fighting Fox is also nice. So, all in all, it's pretty good top to bottom, albeit somewhat removed. Not alot of line breeding.
    PennyG

Thank you so much for this information. I'm buying a State of the Art gelding who is out of this mare, he's a lovely horse.