The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default QUATERBACK?? who has foals coming this year, and who is breeding to him this year?

It was in 2008 that I had my Quaterback filly and last Sandro Hit colt so I am ready to breed this year. Just wondering what Quaterback foals are due this year and out of what kind of mares, along with what mares will be bred to him this year. Anyone??
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Has anyone ever bred at TB mare to Quaterback?? results?
    http://www.talloaksfarm.net ---"Success is not final, failure is not fatal; it is the courage to continue that counts." --- Winston Churchill

Our EMC Halleluja (His Highness out of SPS Radunja (Rosentau(Rubinstein)/Weltmeyer) is due the middle of March to Quaterback. This foal is for sale if any interest.
    Hubbie says they all must go this year. no hold backs.

Halleluja represents the 7th direct generation of damline with SPS/Elite titles. If a filly it could bring this damline to the eight generation. My loss is someone else's gain.
    HiddenAcresFarm.Net
    Imported from Germany, Assembled in Michigan
    Rare damline of 7 direct generations of Elite/States Premium Mares.

We are expecting one from our Waldkoenig mare. This will be a repeat of last years and if it looks anything like a repeat, I will be super pleased and will forsure breed back.

Hiddenacres, that would be my dream foal! ( unfortunately for me buying another foal is not really an option).
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

We are expecting a Quaterback/EM Rotspon/Ramiro Son II in late April. will be for sale.
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

How is everyone finding the semen quality? How many doses are usually need to get a pregnacy?? When I bred my mare in 07 it required 2 doses with a very experienced therio.
    Has anything changed with the semen since 07?

Bought mine in 08 and 09. In 08 took two doses. In 09, only 1 with a traumatized mare. Same vet, same mare.
    Maryanna Haymon- Marydell Farm - Home to Don Principe & Doctor Wendell MF
    www.marydellfarm.com
    2012 USDF Champion Breeder! 2007, 2011 USEF Champ Breeder
    2009,2010,2011 USDF Res Breeder of the Year!

I bought 2 doses in 07 and got a pregnacy/foal using both doses, well on second dose. In 08 I bought one dose and didn't get a pregnancy--same mare, different vets.

Default Yearling Perfect Qredit

Grand Champion - 2009 Dressage At Devon

From the Hilltop News Archives...

"The highlight of this year’s show was the yearling colt Perfect Qredit (Quaterback-Dream of Glory) owned by Michelle and Chris Coursin and bred by Judy Yancey. Qredit was undefeated throughout the show, winning the Yearling Colt class, the GOV class, the Colt Championship, the Young Horse Championship and the Grand Championship. Qredit also brought home the Born In The USA Award for Yearling Colts and Geldings. Qredit has lived at Hilltop Farm since he was a weanling and it is a pleasure to develop him for his owners with such fantastic results."

Can't get any better than that!! I remember of only one other yearling taking top honors at DAD..World Class in the mid 80's.
    Tradition of "Grande" Sporthorse Champions
    Couture Du Jour - Devon Winner '10 & '12 & PHSA Champ '10
    Grande Desire & Impression '08-10 PHSA Champs
    Grande Sovereign -CH & HB Sire

Mine took one dose the first year and two the second. The semen quality is excellent, I have had both my therio vets say the same thing. There is often quite an inflammatory reaction though, so I think it is important to manage the mare well post breeding ( but isn't that always the case?).
    www.svhanoverians.com

"Simple: Breeding,Training, Riding". Wolfram Wittig.

Had 2 fabulous Quaterbacks last year - QB-Presidio-Bolero and QB-Kinston. Both excellent, premiums and the colt got a foal of distinction. I have a QB-Presidio-Tambourin coming this spring. Mom is black with 4 stockings - can't wait.
    I'm also breeding the Presidio-Bolero mare back and will probably try to get an ET out of her. The baby was outstanding. http://www.canterbury-court.com/Querida.html
    Cindy Bergmann
    Canterbury Court
    559-903-4814
    www.canterbury-court.com

Quote Originally Posted by TWF View Post
    Grand Champion - 2009 Dressage At Devon

From the Hilltop News Archives...

"The highlight of this year’s show was the yearling colt Perfect Qredit (Quaterback-Dream of Glory) owned by Michelle and Chris Coursin and bred by Judy Yancey. Qredit was undefeated throughout the show, winning the Yearling Colt class, the GOV class, the Colt Championship, the Young Horse Championship and the Grand Championship. Qredit also brought home the Born In The USA Award for Yearling Colts and Geldings. Qredit has lived at Hilltop Farm since he was a weanling and it is a pleasure to develop him for his owners with such fantastic results."

Can't get any better than that!! I remember of only one other yearling taking top honors at DAD..World Class in the mid 80's.
    Actually I looked this up and there was a yearling by Sir Sinclair in 2007 that took Grand, Bien Sir ISF from Iron Spring. He showed this year too, but they placed him third in the colts championship in 2009. But yes, very rare for a yearling to take it all!
    BUT I want to breed for a QB foal this year out of a mare I'm looking to buy...if all goes well...will know in about a week, fingers crossed! Qredit might have spoiled me though, don't know if another QB can live up to my expectations
    Grassfield Sport Horses, LLC

Follow us on facebook!!!

Marefield Meadow's Wintersong by Weltmeyer/Matcho was a yearling when she went grand champion at DAD in 1993.

We had three Quaterbacks in 2009- one colt in Germany out of our state premium Rotissima (Rotspon/Lauries Crusador xx). He sold well at the elite foal auction in Verden (over 10,000 Euro). We had two fillies here at Rolling Stone Farm, each concieved using one dose. Qhuiver- Premium Oldenburg (GOV) and Foal of Distinction out of Elite Mare Wyneth L (Widmark/Davignon). Qhuilting Bee- Hanoverian, top filly at our large inspection, out of Elite Mare Fhashion Model (Florencio/Akut). We have two more coming in 2010. SPS Rotissima is back in foal in Germany and Whest Indies (Wolkentanz II/Renaissance) is in foal at Rolling Stone Farm. I used two other doses, but unfortunately no pregnancies from those breedings. I will use him again in 2010. I quite like the foals and it is nice to use different bloodlines.
    http://www.rollingstonefarm.com
    Large Oldenburg and Hanoverian breeding farm
    Standing Shakespeare RSF, Fhitzgerald, Sir James and the homebred stallion Dheputy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSwanson View Post
    We had three Quaterbacks in 2009- one colt in Germany out of our state premium Rotissima (Rotspon/Lauries Crusador xx). He sold well at the elite foal auction in Verden (over 10,000 Euro). We had two fillies here at Rolling Stone Farm, each concieved using one dose. Qhuiver- Premium Oldenburg (GOV) and Foal of Distinction out of Elite Mare Wyneth L (Widmark/Davignon). Qhuilting Bee- Hanoverian, top filly at our large inspection, out of Elite Mare Fhashion Model (Florencio/Akut). We have two more coming in 2010. SPS Rotissima is back in foal in Germany and Whest Indies (Wolkentanz II/Renaissance) is in foal at Rolling Stone Farm. I used two other doses, but unfortunately no pregnancies from those breedings. I will use him again in 2010. I quite like the foals and it is nice to use different bloodlines.
    Mo, do you do your own inseminating with frozen semen?? I've heard you are rather talented!!

Yes, I do. The talent is not in the actually thawing and inseminating, but keeping up with ultrasounds every 4-6 hours and closely following the post inseminating condition of the uterus. My husband (Saint Jim) claims that doing the frozen breedings allows us less sleep than the foaling of 26 mares does. (He helps with the thawing, while I do the ultrasounding and inseminations which so often occurs sometime in the middle of the night.) My vets were no longer willing to come to the farm as often as I needed them to, so I have had their blessing to do the repro work myself since 2003.
    http://www.rollingstonefarm.com
    Large Oldenburg and Hanoverian breeding farm
    Standing Shakespeare RSF, Fhitzgerald, Sir James and the homebred stallion Dheputy.

Quote Originally Posted by MoSwanson View Post
    Yes, I do. The talent is not in the actually thawing and inseminating, but keeping up with ultrasounds every 4-6 hours and closely following the post inseminating condition of the uterus. My husband (Saint Jim) claims that doing the frozen breedings allows us less sleep than the foaling of 26 mares does. (He helps with the thawing, while I do the ultrasounding and inseminations which so often occurs sometime in the middle of the night.) My vets were no longer willing to come to the farm as often as I needed them to, so I have had their blessing to do the repro work myself since 2003.
    Good for you!! You're lucky to have Saint Jim too!!

I have the almost 3 y/o Quaterback filly Quinoa from his first foal crop. She is now started under saddle and is doing very well so far. She has a lovely disposition and is quite large, almost 16.3. I will breed her this year, but I am still deciding which stallion to use. Possibly French Kiss. I have a coming 4 y/o French Kiss mare that is magnificent. She is bred to Plaisir d'Amour, due in March.

My Donnerhall mare Donnabelle is due to have her Quaterback foal in about three weeks. If it is colt, he will be for sale, a filly I may decide to keep.
    Tricia Veley-First Flight Farm
    Boerne, Texas
    830-537-4150 phone/830-537-4154 fax
    www.firstflightfarm.com
    FFF Page on Facebook: Become a fan!
    FFF Channel on YouTube: See videos

I HAVE A QUATERBACK FILLY THAT I AM RAISING FOR A FRIEND. SHE HAS THE BEST TEMPERMENT AND IS A GOOD MOVER. SHE IS OUT OF AN ELITE RUBINSTEIN MARE. SHE WAS A LATE BABY BUT IS GROWING TALL QUICKLY. SHE ISN'T PHASED BY A WHOLE LOT AND JUST LOVES TO BE IN YOUR POCKETS FOR TREATS. ALSO LOVES TO BE GROOMED. SHE IS ALSO FOR SALE.
    Last edited by renee; Feb. 24, 2010 at 11:08 AM. Reason: LEFT SOMETHING OUT

What "type" of mare seems to be the best bet with QB?
    PennyG