The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
    eventer_mi is offline Our Lady of Perpetual Novice
    Original Poster

Sorry to litter the list with ANOTHER Andean Exports thread, but I'm getting a little anxious about my saddle and not hearing anything from them in weeks.

I ordered mine during that big sale - I think the order went through on the 31st of December. Their website says 3-5 weeks shipping, and we're getting close to that 4-5 week period with nothing from them. Has anybody else ordered their from them during that time and gotten their saddle, or at least notification of the saddle? I'm getting a bit anxious....thanks!

Drafty clique, ex-Michigan clique, and all the other cliques that I wanted to join in High School but couldn't ;^)
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

So, the Zen Buddhist says to the hotdog vendor, "Make me one with everything."

Sorry to litter the list with ANOTHER Andean Exports thread, but I'm getting a little anxious about my saddle and not hearing anything from them in weeks.

I ordered mine during that big sale - I think the order went through on the 31st of December. Their website says 3-5 weeks shipping, and we're getting close to that 4-5 week period with nothing from them. Has anybody else ordered their from them during that time and gotten their saddle, or at least notification of the saddle? I'm getting a bit anxious....thanks!

Drafty clique, ex-Michigan clique, and all the other cliques that I wanted to join in High School but couldn't ;^)
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work." - Thomas Edison

eventer_mi,
    I haven't received mine either, ordered mine on the 1st of Jan, right before the sale ended, I know that they have been reallly busy with the sale items, etc. I am wondering if maybe they are just behind in getting things processed. I know someone posted on here and she ordered around the same time as us and she wasn't expecting hers till the beginning of Feb.

http://community.webshots.com/album/99779112ySnOxX?157
    Caught by a Flash -Equine Photography

East Coast Jumps -Custom Wood Horse Jumps

I havn't gotten mine either. When I talked to them around the 1st they mentioned that all their saddlers had several weeks off for the holidays and they were making everything from scratch so I was to expect a longer delivery time.

I'm not too worried yet.

no real word after I sent in my wither tracing... I've requested confirmation that they DID get it, but never heard back...

*sigh*

Haven't gotten mine either, ordered it 1/1, but I'm the one who had h8llacious problems with e-mails for 2 weeks and that delayed matters, so I understand mine's not even due to ship until mid-February.

Just a tip - there is something seriously wrong w/ the way their e-mail account is set up. If you are e-mailing them and not getting any response, try sending from another e-mail address (e.g. work http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif). When I was freaking out about not hearing from them, it turned out that they had been responding all along but I simply wasn't getting their responses. Fernie Fox had the same thing happen.

So try another e-mail addy. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif

"Those who use horses just for the business are crass, classless horsemen."
    --George Morris
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

Have they given you folks actual expected arrival dates.

They quoted me DEc24th.That was the day it arrived.Pretty good I thought.

Now on my replacement saddle they have NOT given me an expected arrival date.

fernie fox
    "I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound".
    \"I have lived my life-it is nearly done-.I have played the game all round;But I freely admit that the best of my fun I owe it to Horse and Hound\".

They just said "Mid Feb." to me. Mine was a custom & of course they couldn't process it until they were able to get the drawings & measurements & I could get my questions answered. That's what took the 2 weeks.

"Those who use horses just for the business are crass, classless horsemen."
    --George Morris
    "The standard you walk by is the standard you accept."--Lt. Gen. David Morrison, Austalian Army Chief

I haven't received my Jumper Belly Pad yet.... but they have been pretty good at keeping me updated with emails!

Expected delivery date was to be in 3 days... (2 weeks... but they haven't shipped out yet)

Braid Yourself Clique
    Drafty X Clique
    MOOP Clique (Missed Out On Ponies)

I ordered on 12/31
    Three saddles, girths, belly pads, leathers...
    Nothing yet, not worried about it.

I emailed then and got a prompt reply

Thanks for writing. Our saddle-makers are fully back
    up to speed now after the holday break, and we have
    taken delivery of 90% of our current orders. Today and
    tomorrow we will be preparing everything for shipment,
    and it should all go out tomorrow night at the latest.
    We will send you a complete update, along with your
    UPS tracking number, most likely tomorrow, but
    Saturday at the latest.

We have also been working with UPS to develop a better
    shipping solution, and from now on, you can expect
    delivery of your purchases in much less time - in most
    cases less than 3 weeks.

Thanks again for writing, and please expect to hear
    from us soon. If you have any further questions,
    please don't hesitate to write.

eventer_mi is offline Our Lady of Perpetual Novice
    Original Poster

Yup, that's exactly the reply I received from them today. Polite, aren't they?

Anyway, thanks for all who responded - hopefully, we should all be getting ours soon! Cross your fingers!

I got the figure 8 bridle from them and it took much longer than advertised so I wouldn't worry.

http://community.webshots.com/user/ridenyc

Still waiting for my custom saddle but I don't think I'll recieve it for a while.They e-mailed me and said they were running behind and hoped to get caught up in the next few weeks.

Today must have been the cosmic day for inquieries!! I asked and also got the same e mail!!!

Yippee! Since my saddle wasn't a custom, I hope its included with in the shipment tomorrow!! I will be pleasantly surprised!

I'm not too worried about the time. My sister ordered her fancy Antares saddle and it took 2 months.. And since Andean are outside the country, I expected a delay..

Can't wait to hear from everyone about their saddles once they recieve them... http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...icon_smile.gif

Kim :-)

See my pics!! http://community.webshots.com/user/siennamama
    Kim :-)

Shady Tree Training Stables
    www.shadytreehorses.com

I hope that this shipment means me too!!!!! I will so pysched! http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c...on_biggrin.gif I didn't order a custom either, didn't think it was worth it since I am selling my horse and have no idea what I am getting next....
    well I just can't wait to get it! http://chronicleforums.com/images/cu...milies/yes.gif

http://community.webshots.com/album/99779112ySnOxX?157
    Caught by a Flash -Equine Photography

East Coast Jumps -Custom Wood Horse Jumps

West of insanity, east of apathy, deep in the heart of Texas.

I'm not surprised at the delays. Y'all have to remember that Christmas et all is their summer holidays, and that many of the kids and some of the adults don't go back to school/work until the end of January. I have a couple of Chilean and Argentine friends and they clued me in to this several years ago. Makes sense when someone explains it to you (duh!) but I can certainly understand your concerns (and anticipation!) of getting your lovely tack in a timely fashion. I'm a confirmed eBay junkie myself, so I'm needing to check out their stuff. http://chronicleforums.com/groupee_c.../icon_wink.gif
    In loving memory of Laura Jahnke.
    A life lived by example, done too soon.
    www.caringbridge.org/page/laurajahnke/

I emailed too.. and got no reply http://chronicleforums.com/images/custom_smilies/no.gif

Is it just bad karma? I've tried two different email addresses with no luck. Feh!

Its been 5 weeks now. If they are going to be later than what they say, I think the should send a notice out. Does anyone know when the ones are expected (the ones ordered from the sale).

"There was a point to this story, but it has temporarily escaped the chronicler's mind."
    - Douglas Adams