The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Question Lucinda Green DVD

I'm trying to find the "Lucinda Green Cross Country Clinic" DVD...but I think it's available only in a PAL format (which could not be played in the US.) Does anyone know if it's available here? Or where to buy in a US-friendly format?

Quote Originally Posted by VAevent View Post
    I'm trying to find the "Lucinda Green Cross Country Clinic" DVD...but I think it's available only in a PAL format (which could not be played in the US.) Does anyone know if it's available here? Or where to buy in a US-friendly format?
    At one point I had it on VHS, but brought a Foxhound home from N.GA Advanced Horse Trials one spring and she ATE it!...so, to answer your question, yes, it is available, but I can't help you as to where to find it.
    ~ it no longer matters what level I do, as long as I am doing it..~ with many thanks, to Elizabeth Callahan

Default Lucinda Green DVD

I took a clinic from Lucinda last Oct and was able to order the DVD and her Cross Country book from her at the clinic. It arrived last month and I haven't had a chance to watch the DVD yet...I'm planning a Spring get together with my eventing buddies so we can watch it together.

So I know it's available in DVD, USA format. If you know of a clinic nearby and go watch, I'm sure you could order it from Lucinda directly.

HTH
    Mary in Western NY
    http://www.bpequine.com

If you can't find it in US format can you download a viewer to your computer that will let you watch the foreign format? My dvd viewer asked me to "pick a region" the first time I watched a dvd on my laptop.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

That would be great if there were a US version. If there isn't, I wonder if she'd be open to shooting one.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Go online and search your dvd player model and usually you can (like I have done) find the code to make your DVD player region free. You will not have to worry about where you by your DVD.

Hollowed out volcano in the South Pacific.

The only problem with that is that the average DVD player can't play PAL video back properly without specific hardware processing to deal with the funky frame-rate, video resolution, and audio sync. The low-budget off-brand players such as the older CyberHome models that used to be sold at WallyWorld and other retailers can because they are intended for sale in international markets. If you go to any ethnic marketplace that sells electronics, you can easily grab a cheap DVD player that will most likely be region-free (or made so with a code) and play any DVD you put in it.
    Thus do we growl that our big toes have, at this moment, been thrown up from below!

Quote Originally Posted by LexInVA View Post
    The only problem with that is that the average DVD player can't play PAL video back properly without specific hardware processing to deal with the funky frame-rate, video resolution, and audio sync. The low-budget off-brand players such as the older CyberHome models that used to be sold at WallyWorld and other retailers can because they are intended for sale in international markets. If you go to any ethnic marketplace that sells electronics, you can easily grab a cheap DVD player that will most likely be region-free (or made so with a code) and play any DVD you put in it.

Funny you should say that as I researched players that I could change the code on and was advised to buy a cheap Cyberhome from wallyworld. It was so easy. And brand new they were like $40.00. I bought two.

Quote Originally Posted by snoopy View Post
    Funny you should say that as I researched players that I could change the code on and was advised to buy a cheap Cyberhome from wallyworld. It was so easy. And brand new they were like $40.00. I bought two.
    Same here bought the Cyberhome at Sears for under $40 and it plays even UK home-recorded DVDs without flicker or any other problems. The same disks would not play on a friends more expensive unit.
    Brock
    Brock n. (Anglo-Saxon) badger as in Brockenhurst, Brocklebank etc www.area35.us