The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Ok people, what is NOT to like about this one? It's even PRE-TIED, for pity's sake! Not loud, not poofy, and no weird shirt to buy.

http://cgi.ebay.com/New-Gold-Paisley...item2ea7674025

I think I'm getting this one. What the heck to do with a free, matching pocket square, I have no idea. Maybe a very fancy boot-polishing rag?

I think it will look simply SMASHING, darling, with the little spotted chestnut horse. Now to find a saddle pad to complement it . . . hmmm . . .
    Click here before you buy.

yep--both of those would look fabulous! I've always loved black on chestnuts but with that bit of paisley "flair" on DW's neck--I think she needs to go with the gold saddle pads too.

Or she could go black with a touch of gold (especially if her jacket is black not navy):
    http://www.foxsdentackshop.com/mod/e...ewProduct=1795

http://www.tackwholesale.com/dressag...seup2-343.html
    OTTBs rule, but spots are good too!

Default how to tie a stock tie video

FITS has a great video on their website on the stock tie page on how to tie a stock tie. It breaks it down very simply. Cut and past this link into your browser then click on the red text at the bottom of the page that says "How to tie a stock tie" in red letters: http://www.fitsriding.com/stocktie.php

Deltawave - If I were eventing at this time I would be right there with you wearing an Ascot. In the lower levels why the hell not. Let's have some fun.

I CAN TIE THEM, PEOPLE! I just don't like them. I wanna have some fun, have my little "tempest in a teacup" laugh, and I like paisley.

I like that black/gold pad. (the quieter one) Duly ordered. Ready for show season NOW, baby!
    Last edited by deltawave; Feb. 23, 2010 at 12:50 PM.

go, go, go DW! Have some fun!

And for the rest of you - thanks for the amazing links! You find some great shopping sites! I know, I shouldn't, I shouldn't....

I had to check this thread out again because I think it's a scream, and then realized that I didn't wear my cute pin dotted stock at all last year because I only did one day horse trials and - being of the "no tight neckwear" ilk myself - simply didn't wear my jacket. Voila! No neckwear! Cute button down shirt, breeches, and I'm done. Ahhh, freedom! DW, the ascot would be smashing, but really, isn't it easier to find a cute shirt? A little subtle something. Brooks Bros makes all cotton with some sort of no-iron stuff. Brilliant.

Hmm, "subtle" kind of defeats the purpose of paisley, IMO. I don't like doing dressage without my coat--too many things bouncing. And it's RARELY that hot in Michigan. I can only remember ever having jackets waived for dressage once in recent years.

Oh, dear no - "subtle" is strictly for the shirt. Flamboyance is the entire raison d'etre of paisley! I hate wearing my jacket, so the rule change making jackets optional at all one day HTs was a gift to me (except in May, when it's likely to be 40 deg). So when does the new neckwear debut?

Probably May-Daze, unless I can convince some people that going to a show in Kentucky in early April is a good idea.