The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default "Satchmo's Band", "Covergirl Cool" Know them?

10 registered TBs in the kill pen this week. Working on IDs for all of them. So far we have these two and Skip Cash.

Contact me if you know anything!

Calls have been made to breeders and tracks where they raced.

Satchmo's Band is listed on pedigreequery as 'standing in PA for 2009' and I believe he was also on Starquine.com

You've got a pm
    Hidden Echo Farm, Carlisle, PA -- home of JC palomino sire Canadian Kid (1990 - 2013) & AQHA sire Lark's Favorite, son of Rugged Lark.

Is Satchmo's Band still a stallion and do you have pictures?

My friend used to own the stud Satchmo, could you update if you know anything else about this.....

Satchmo's Band was standing in WV about six years ago. At least I'm fairly sure. It was either him or one of his sons. The farm sent him off after a year. Was too difficult to handle. This is a farm that stands a lot of studs. The barn I trained at bred one of the mares to him. I backed him and he didn't have a great temperment.

DogCop Guest

I just obtained Satchmo's Band through the rescue that bought him out of the kill pen. I would like as much information about him as I can get. Please contact me if you know more about this Stallion. He will be gelded before he is sent to me from Quarantine. He was standing Stud in Pa last year and looks terrible now. But I intend to get him back to speed. If anyone wants to see what he looks like now, email me.

Thumbs up Satchmo

Hi DogCop, you have pm.

I know this horse, just not sure why. Was he standing at O'Sullivan Farm? If so than maybe thats it... if not, maybe we were looking to buy him at one point? I'll have to remember to ask my husband in the morning. Anyway, glad you saved him, your an angel.