The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Default WEF attendance

I am interested in being a vendor at WEF the last week (at the end of March) and was wondering if anyone knows how the visitor turnout has been? Have there been many spectators? I was wondering if the free admission during the day has increased the number of people in attendance? Any advice appreciated. Thanks!!!

I would not spend the money to be a vendor there. If they give you free space fine but many vendors are grumbling. Not enough business even on busy nights. In addition, the last week is usually light

Finally...back in civilization, more or less

I was there last week and I would say that WEF was noticeably less busy than in years past - off by maybe 15% or so. That said, there were quite a few people watching the bigger classes; not sure if those folks would also shop or not.

There were definitely fewer stabling tents - particularly on the Littlewood side, which is where my horse was - but the shopping areas seemed fairly busy. I had to wait a short while when I went to get measured for a new pair of field boots at Der Dau (which I was happy to do; WOW they have some incredible sample boots to look at!!)
    We move pretty fast for some rabid garden snails.
    -PaulaEdwina