The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedMarketplaceDates & Results

Default chiropractic care in ventura county

So, my horse of a lifetime tried to buck me off randomly on sunday. Wasnt off at all but i thought it was so weird, he is NOT a bucker or bratty AT ALL. I kept riding and everything was great. Well i got to the barn to take him out on a trail ride yesterday and he would not go forward on the trail. i just didnt get it. hed done this a thousand times. why now is he being a brat? he refused to go any further at one point and tried to buck me off again. I got off mid trail and walked him home. btw hes a jumper and we had a western saddle on. I was so frustrated with him i went back to the barn and tacked him up with our english saddle that is probably not fitting him the best right now (but we ordered a custom cwd 2 weeks ago and it should be here in 3 weeks). Once i got into the arena i could tell he was totally off in the back end. he was trying so hard but i could tell he was in pain. i tested his back and pinched it and its not bothering him. But when i turn him out hes fine and runs, plays, rolls, etc. but undersaddle hes in pain. hes not limping though. im thinking its the saddle. wish his new one would come already . i was thinking of getting the chiropractor out to look at him anyways. any thoughts? =/ im bummed out.

oh ya and my question is, does anyone know of any good chiropractors in ventura county?

If he's still in the Santa Ynez area pay whatever you need to get Dr. Ugarte down to you. Having since moved I've come to realize I will forever be struggling to locate another chiropracter that I am equally happy and comfortable with.

http://veterinaryoptions.com/

Traveled to the 2004 Olympics with one of the US horses. Brought me back a hat
    ExchangeHunterJumper.com
    Shop our 50+ sale horses available at 2014 WEF, Thermal, Ocala & Gulfport here.

I second, third, fourth and fifth Dr. Ugarte. He's amazing and worth every last penny. And yes, he's still in Santa Ynez but travels up and down from the central valley all the time so he'd definitely be able to do a call in Ventura cty.

Does anyone have his # or a website?? I can't do too much research right now cuz I'm @ work. We are in ojai too so not too too far from santa ynez. Thanks so much!!

Phone 805-963-9292

dags actually posted his website, which also has a link to his email address under 'contact'

Good luck! My horse LOVES him. The first time he adjusted her she nickered at him.