The Chronicle of the Horse
MagazineNewsHorse SportsHorse CareCOTH StoreVoicesThe Chronicle UntackedDirectoriesMarketplaceDates & Results

Exclamation Ocala - Need Trailer Repair for Gore - Trailer Accident

Hi, I have a friend in Ocala, needs a reputable trailer place that can look at a Gore Trailer that was in an accident on Saturday. Horses good, trailer not drivable. We have it set to get hauled but need a good and mean good trailer repair in Ocala. Any info please.

Try Nelsons. They carry Exiss trailers so they are VERY good at REPAIR and REBUILD. Exiss doesnt think that the hitch coupling, or the break away butt bars are part of the structure of the trailer. Also not too concerned with a ONE INCH gap between the ramp and the side wall. So all in all, I would say they are the repair EXPERTS in Ocala!
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.

Thanks Are you still in the exiss?

Regrettably, yes. No one, and I mean NO one, will touch the POS with a ten foot pole. I also forgot to add that they did a VERY GOOD job at fixing the lock THEY broke....for over a hundred dollars. They are a little fuzzy on the math though...the seven year bumper to bumper warranty that they claim is a five year plan (wrong)was DENIED....when I did kindergarten math 2006 plus five is 2011. So I got the bill for the BENT hitch coupling, the break away butt bars (not to mention the lovely PLASTIC replacement brackets that are supposed to hold a 1200 horse!!) and the side ramp was not even addressed. Makes you feel all warm and fuzzy toward Universal Trailers now doesn't it?
    The thing about smart people, is they look like crazy people, to dumb people.